It is that time of the year again. You have to get back to your books now and settle in for your semester. But does that mean, your food should take a back seat? Never! Sagarika, who offers ‘do my statistics homework’ service with TAE, says that it is essential that you keep your energy full and yourself nourished at all times to keep going with your part-time job, classes and the endless study sessions. To help you with the same, we have come up with some quick and easy recipes for every college student. Of course, a lot of times, you feel it is just easier to go out and grab some fast food but taking some time to prepare a homemade meal can be a therapeutic and nutritious experience. So, we would only like to say that it is always a good idea to take some time and take care of yourself.
Now, let’s get started with some cool and easy recipes for college students.
Curried Chickpeas and Spinach
When the autumn nights start getting chilly, it is a good idea to keep yourself warm with a hot bowl of hearty chickpeas curry and spinach. Sanjana who offers assignment help service with a reputed online homework provider, TFTH, says that this dish is packed with flavour and is your perfect vegan dish. One bowl of curried chickpeas and spinach in dinner is sufficient to keep you full through the night.
- 1 small onion
- 29 oz can chickpeas
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1-inch fresh ginger
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz spinach fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic
- In the first step, you need to grate the ginger, dice the onion and mince the garlic. Next, you’ll have to sauté your onion, ginger and garlic in a huge skillet with olive oil. Heat it for 3-5 minutes at medium heat till all the onions have softened.
- Add to the mix some curry powder.
- Continue to sauté it with your onion mix for another 1 minute.
- Next, add to it ¼ cup of water and toss it with fresh spinach.
- Sauté the mix till your spinach has wilted.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. You can now add the mix to a skillet and toss it with tomato sauce. Stir evenly to ensure that spices are distributed evenly.
- Heat it all thoroughly for 5 minutes and you are ready to serve the preparation with rice or bread.
Pork and Peanut Dragon Noodles
Next time, you feel the need to take away your dinner from any roadside joint, you should try out this recipe. It is a lip-smacking and a very simple and easy to make noodle stir fry. It will satiate your cravings every time you want to eat out. Sanjay who works with EssayWriter4U, and help students to buy custom college essays online says, to make your noodles healthy, don’t forget to add a decent share of greens to it.
For Dragon Sauce
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup chilli garlic sauce
For Pork and Noodles
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 3 green sliced onions
- 6 oz. ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup unsalted chopped peanuts
- Take a bowl and in it add some soy sauce, garlic sauce and brown sugar.
- Next, take your ground pork and let it cook at medium heat until the mix is 100% brown. Once, the pork has browned, you can add to it your prepared dragon sauce and mix it with chopped peanuts.
- Let the peanuts and the pork simmer in your sauce for about 5 minutes.
- When your pork is browning, you have to start boiling some water for your noodles.
- Now, add the noodles and cook it as per the instructions on the package. Use a colander to drain the noodles.
- After the noodles are drained and the sauce is reduced to half, you can add the noodles to the skillet and toss the prepared mix and coat it with gravy. Top it with some green onions, and it is ready to serve.
One-Pot Chili Pasta
For students who like a bit of junk, this one can be a portion of great comfort food. However, the best thing about it, our recipe is healthy and enriched with the goodness of the beans. There are zero mystery ingredients like you get in your boxed meals. Moreover, it is easy to make a dinner recipe that will leave you with just one pot to wash, afterwards. Hence the name! Sangeeta, who works with PaperDoers and offers affordable research paper writing service, says that this is her favourite easy to make dinner recipe. You can also use your leftovers, in the following meals to consume with bread or make a burrito of it.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Firstly, mince your garlic and dice the onions, evenly. Now, you can cook both of these in a large pot. Take some olive oil and medium heat it for 2 minutes. To it, add some ground beef and keep stirring, till the beef is brown.
- Now, add some chilli powder and flour to the pot and keep stirring to coat the meat thoroughly. Go on stirring for another 2 minutes or more, if needed.
- Drain and rinse the kidney and black beans. Now, mix the beans, corn kernels, tomato sauce, diced tomato, to a pot. Stir well!
- Now, you can add 2 cups of broth and dry macaroni to the pot. Keep stirring to combine the two. Don’t forget to cover it with a pot and turn on the flame up to high. Let your pot come to a boil. After it reaches a boil, give it a quick stir to loosen the pasta that may be stuck to the pot’s bottom. Leave the pot for 15 minutes at a medium to low flame. Do stir 2-3 times during these 15 minutes.
- After your pasta is cooked, you can turn off the heat.
- Your pasta is ready, add some cheese to it and stir the pasta and the cheese till the cheese melts and becomes slightly creamy.
Serve your pasta hot!
So, these are our top 3 easy to make dinner recipes for college students. Do try at home and let us know how you like them, in the comments below!
Pankaj Raghav is a blogger and shares his experience with SEO tools at DigiToolsCoupons. While sharing his experience, he also loves to help other fellow bloggers in setting up their blogs. Read his blog about CloudWays review and the best list of online data science certification courses.