As more and more people spend their time online, the larger a company’s potential audience may grow. That is why so many businesses have an online presence. This can be with social media or their website. Well, at least they should. Businesses like to go where the people are and the people are online. For a company to get someone’s attention they will need a digital marketing strategy.
What Falls Under Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has so much can fall in it. It is about using online media to advertise their product or service. There are many ways a company can use the internet to marketing its product or service. However, a company needs to make and follow a strategy.
Types of Digital Marketing
There are different types of marketing that anyone can do, such as:
- Sponsored Content- a company pays a social media influencer/ entity to talk about the company’s product
- Inbound Marketing- is when a company pulls customers in by attracting them and making them want to engage.
- Online PR- Speaking to customers, other companies, reviewers, etc. online through comments, tweets, etc.
- Marketing Automation- When an app or program does some of the marketing automatically for the company, such as sending out emails or sticking to a predetermined upload schedule
- Affiliate Marketing- Promoting someone else’s advert on your social media/ website for payment
- Native Advertising- Posting on sites that are more content-based, often non-paid
- Pay Per Click (PPC)- As the name suggests this is when an advert on your social media pages gets clicked and you receive an income from it
- Email Marketing- sending out emails to current customers, maybe even some potential customers, about sales, specials, etc. with a link to the company’s site attached
- Content Marketing- Publishing content to create brand awareness, lead generations, and traffic growth
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)- Using keywords, and phrases to rank at the top on the first page of Google’s search results when some looks for a particular product or service
- Marketing on Social Media – A way to promote your company directly to an audience using social media platforms. Here you can see how many YouTube views or Facebook interactions, or retweets on Twitter the company would get
Is There A Quick Way To Market Online
While making a strategy, how often to post, when to post and what to post, etc. can take a lot of time this would be the best way to go. However, if a company is looking for a way to work the algorithm in their favor they may want to opt to buy views or like, such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube likes. But this is a short-term solution.