Digital marketing is how a company can use the internet to attract their future customers, and remind their current one that they are still here. Companies like to aim for a place that has a large number of people and which place as the most amount of people using it at the same time outside of the internet? None of them. Hence, the desire for digital marketing.
But What Is It?
Digital marketing is using the internet to market a service or a product. A product is anything you can buy rather it is a physical product or a digital on like loot boxes or YouTube likes. While service is anything someone else can use. Even entertainment and education can be seen as services since the former can relax people while the latter can expand their skill sets, and minds. That is the basics of digital marketing. However, it may not be as easy as it sounds since companies’ should have a plan on what they are going to do and how they are going to do it. But first, one should know…
A Rundown of The Different Types
The internet is vast and so too are ways that one can go about marketing on it. Here are the most popular and fairly simple types of digital marketing:
- Content Marketing. Blogs, articles, etc. are often used to create link building (having a link in an article that goes to your services, or product), getting your brand out there, and growing your online traffic
- Native Advertising. Many sites offer the opinion to post on them or to apply to do so. These sites are content-based (articles, blogs, etc) and are often non-paid, but they have a large following.
- Social Media. A lot of people spread their time on social media platforms. This is an area that companies can use to keep their users up-to-date, promote, and interact directly with the audience. And one can see how their advert, video, post, etc. is doing by looking at the analytics or checking the YouTube views, etc.
- This can be seen as the basics of digital marketing and it stands for Search Engine Optimization. The point is to use keywords (search words that people look up t find something) to rank high on the page. However, there is a certain skill to it since being good at SEO is not that easy. It is more about charming people to come instead of pushing them. There are guidelines that one must follow. A virtual assistant service would know the ins and outs of SEO.
- This can be seen as the oldest form of digital marketing and it is two folds. One is to keep the current users up-to-date or let them know about special, updates, etc. And the other is trying to find new customers without coming off as a spam.
Digital marketing is a great skill for any company to have. However, there can be more types out there. We have just spoken about the ones that we think are used more often.