The Microserver Market size is forecast to reach $ 67 billion by 2025 growing at a CAGR of 9.27% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The Growth of Microserver market can be attributed to the rising demand to improve the operational efficiency of server infrastructure, growing demand for cloud services for various applications, increasing requirement of high-density servers, and low power consumption. The adoption of machine-to-machine learning and IoT-enabled devices have created the need for more cloud-based services, thus, fueling the micro server market. The rising number of small and medium enterprises are expected to provide growth opportunities for the Microserver market
during the forecast period. According to World Bank statistics, SMEs represent about 90% of businesses and more than 50% of employment worldwide.
• Structured and unstructured data created, as a result of millions of enterprise applications, social networks, and devices, worldwide, is likely to act as a massive propeller to the micro server market.
• Rising light workloads such as serving static HTML content due to mobile-based applications and cloud computing are providing immense growth opportunities for the Microserver Market.
• The efficiency of the microserver depends on the type of processor, which is been used in the server. ARM processors and Intel core processors dominate microserver market by processor type.
• The high-definition media content such as videos and audios, among others would create ample opportunities for media storage applications, creating a need for vendors to install more energy-efficient micro servers.
• However, cost of adapting software to effectively distribute workloads between micro servers could pose a challenge to market growth.
Application – Segment Analysis
The Cloud computing Application for Microserver Market is expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 12.2 % during the forecast period 2020-2025. The organizations are transforming from traditional to digital mode of business. Most of the organizations want to update their applications frequently, several times a day because of demand from users for interactive, rich, and dynamic experience on various platforms. Thus, they deploy micro servers, which can support the achievement of all the above requirements. The evolution of cloud computing technology and the use of servers in various datacenters have made the market very lucrative. For instance, in February 2019, Google announced an additional investment of $ 13 billion in its cloud computing business across the year. The investment will create 6 new data centers. As the usage of cloud is expected to increase, there are enormous opportunities for the micro-server market to grow.
End-user – Segment Analysis
Among end-users, the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) sector is expected to dominate the MicroserverMarket with the highest CAGR of 16.89% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Small or medium-sized enterprises are increasingly making use of Big Data analytics to gain better business insights and are opting to hybrid cloud services to make significant cost savings operations.Thus, cost-effective storage of data requires micro servers, which offer cost benefits, low power consumption, and low space benefits that create profitable solutions for the SMEs over rack servers or blade servers. Furthermore, ability to tailor according to the specified computing task is expected to bring growth opportunities to the Microserver Market. According to World Bank estimates, 600 million jobs will be needed by 2030 to absorb the growing global workforce, which makes SME development a high priority for many governments around the world which in turn will boost the demand for Micro servers.
Geography- Segment Analysis
The Asia-Pacific is growing with the highest CAGR of 14.02% in the Microservers Market during the forecast period 2020-2025 accounting for 35% of the total market share. APAC comprises of large economies, like China and Japan, with substantial penetration of data analytics and cloud computing. Furthermore, in China, 80% of the registered enterprises, being small and micro enterprises, are further acting as a driving force of economic growth. With the rising labor cost and technology costs in these regions, SMEs are widely relying on public cloud services for infrastructure automation. As the utilization of public cloud services grows, the demand for microservers suited to handle the lighter cloud service workloads is likely to increase as well which will further boost the market growth. Additionally, in countries like India, with the growing number of startups backed by the ‘ Make in India’ initiative, small and medium enterprises are now increasingly making use of Big Data analytics, in order to gain better insights. Thus, with the growth of data analytics and data center, the demand for micro server may also increase, as they can carry out trivial workloads more efficiently than alternative high-speed solutions. The above factors are expected to have a positive outlook on the Asia-Pacific microserver market and thus the region is expected to witness the fastest growth.
Drivers –Microserver Market
• The rising data traffic to drive the Microserver Market.
The data traffic is continually rising, driving the demand for secure and reliable storage and processing of data. To accommodate this large data, companies are deploying new data centers or upgrading their existing data centers, and developing hyper-scale or mega data centers. Also, to manage these data centers profitably, companies need to reduce the associated cost. Servers and computing contributes maximum to the total data center cost. So, low-cost and high-performance servers are finding remarkable acceptance in the microserver market.
• The Microserver Market to benefit from the rising popularity of Edge Computing.
The microservers are positioned as a tool for cloud and edge computing workloads. Enterprise servers contribute to around 60% of the global server shipments, while hyperscale server applications account for around 30%. The demand for micro servers used in edge computing is projected to see significant growth in the forecast period 2020-2025 due to the construction of data center and the implementation of 5G technology. For Instance, in December 2018, Cloud infrastructure provider Packet introduced edge microservers in Open19 racks, which was deployed across all of Packet’s cloud and edge facilities.
Challenges – Microserver Market
• Lack of expertise,standard specificationand virtualization to hamper market growth
Unfamiliarity, lack of clarity about the workloads and the rise of virtualization could pose challenges for the Microserver Market. Microsevers bring a new kind of hardware and small form factor to the data center, which abandoned the blade concept that’s been in place for a number of years. While the concepts are essentially the same for everyone from frontline operators to data center designers, they will have to learn new operational considerations and design. Most of the companies don’t have adequate experts to handle these server. Similarly, various companies have invested significantly in virtual infrastructure as it brings a lot of benefits for the company. For instance, Virtualization has reduced the cost of Hardware in the IT industry because the single server can serve as multiple machines and also any person can dynamically allocate memory resources and processor as workloads shift. This reduces the dependency of IT architecture on physical micro server.
The Microserver Market is highly fragmented with top 5 players capturing a market share of approximately 29.87%. The top ten companies in the global microserver market include Hewlett Packard, Dell, Fujitsu, Hitachi, IBM, Acer Inc., ARM Ltd, Advanced Micro Devices.Inc, Marvel Technology, Quanta QCT, etc. amongst others. New product launch is the major strategy adopted by key players in the Microserver market along with partnership and collaboration to merge their expertise in various components of microserver.
Product Launches / Collaborations / Acquisitions/R&D activities
- In August 2019, HPE announced the acquisition of MapR’s business assets. This asset acquisition accelerates HPE’s Intelligent Data Platform capabilities and helps customers optimize workload solutions for mission-critical big-data workflows
- In November 2018, Fujitsu Ltd introduced a new line-up of mono socket PRIMERGY servers, which provided versatile office solutions for small and mid-size businesses for less than the price of a high-end smartphone. These new models delivered more storage capacity and efficiency for a range of use cases, including virtualized multi-app environments, collaboration, and online meeting solutions, and for processing and consolidating large datasets.
- In November 2018,Supermicro computer Ltd leveraged its deep expertise in server technology by bringing customers the first Intel Xeon D System-on-a-Chip (SoC) family. This product computed and acted as storage for intelligent edge network appliances, mid-range networking, SMB storage servers, Hadoop, web hosting, controllers, dedicated compute nodes, and other similar applications.
- In June 2017, HP introduced ProLiant Microserver Gen10. With the introduction of Gen10, HPE is touting the security of their ProLiant servers billing them as the most secure industry standard server.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications market research. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business. Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss more about our consulting services.