Artificial Intelligence driven Marketing Communications
San Francisco, October 9, 2019: Latest study by Grand View Research, Inc. titled “Electrical & Electronics Adhesives Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Thermal Conductive, Electrically Conductive), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025”, reveals that the global electrical & electronics adhesives market size is expected to reach USD 6.7 billion by 2025, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for electronic devices and appliances supported by increasing middle-class income levels is driving the demand for the adhesives.
The demand for devices and equipment with high reliability and functionality is increasing owing to the advancement in IoT and the growth of smartphone and automotive sectors. These electronic devices account for a huge demand for adhesive products owing to the expansion of automotive, consumer appliances, medical, and aerospace industries. The industry faces various challenges due to the improvements and advancements in technology. Shorter leads can damage temperature-sensitive components in different applications. To reduce such problems these components must be assembled after soldering. However, this hampers productivity due to higher cost and time required to be invested in manufacturing process.
Some key findings from the report:
– In terms of revenue, thermal conductive segment was valued at USD 1.3 billion in 2018. Increasing need to tackle heat-related challenges in electrical & electronics devices is propelling the demand for adhesives
– In terms of volume, electrically conductive segment is projected to advance at a CAGR of 6.2% over the forecast period. Growing demand for consumer electronics and medical devices is anticipated to create a positive impact on industry growth
– In terms of volume, potting & encapsulation application segment accounted for 20.4% of the total market share in 2018. The development of new and environment-friendly materials is anticipated to remain a key focus area for the players
– Asia Pacific held the largest market share in 2018 and is expected to maintain its position during the next seven years. Increasing production output of electrical & electronics in India, China, and Japan is the key driver for the regional market
– North America is projected to advance at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2019 to 2025, in terms of revenue, on account of demand from production of vehicles
– Electrical & electronics adhesive market participants are looking for mergers & acquisitions and expansion of production capacities. For instance, Chemence, Inc., a U.S.-based company, acquired electronics adhesive business of Supreme Resources in 2018. Some of the key market vendors include H.B. Fuller, 3M, Dow, and Bostik S.A. among others.
Stringent regulations on volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are expected to hamper the market growth over the coming years. The manufacturing process of electrical & electronics adhesives releases VOC emissions that may pose health and environmental concerns. VOCs are the major contributors to smog and ozone formation at low atmospheric level. They react with nitrogen oxide in presence of sunlight (photochemical reaction).
Smog pollution reduces visibility under certain climatic conditions. Regulating the emission of VOCs helps lighten ozone and smog pollution problems. Key market players are investing heavily in manufacturing products that use bio-based feedstock. This is anticipated to drive the demand for new materials and resins used in manufacturing the adhesives.
The final report on global electrical & electronics adhesive market has been segmented on the basis of product, application, and region:
Electrical & Electronics Adhesive Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
Electrical & Electronics Adhesive Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
Surface-mount devices (chip bonding)
Potting & Encapsulation
Electrical & Electronics Adhesive Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
Central and South America
Middle East & Africa
Asia Pacific is a leading producer and consumer of adhesive products, with China being the key country driving the market growth. Countries such as India and Japan are observing increased production output. The Government of India has issued a National Policy of Electronics to boost the growth of electrical & electronics sector. As per the policy, the sector is expected to be valued at around USD 400 billion by 2025.
Broadband wireless connectivity in vehicles has gained popularity in various parts of the world. Various services such as GPS, infotainment, traffic & weather information, and others are increasingly being used in vehicles. Competitive pressure along with rising consumer demand has forced automakers to integrate these technologies into vehicles. This is anticipated to create a positive impact on the growth of the market for electrical & electronics adhesive.
Browse more market research report from Plastics, Polymers & Resins Category
For your custom research requirements please visit Grand View Research