Eskesso smart inmersion circulator allows you to cook sous vide meals like a professional chef saving your time and improving your diet
About this project
Cooking will be easy like never before
Introducing ESKESSO, a smart sous vide cooking appliance that will simplify your life saving your time and improving your diet.
Download our free mobile app to control your Eskesso but also to enjoy all the online services that Eskesso puts in your hand.
What is “sous vide” cooking
After being described for the first time by Sir Benjamin Thompson in 1799 and rediscovered for top-chef kitchens by Georges Pralus in 1974, the “sous vide” cooking technique (also known as precision temperature cooking) is being used nowadays in all of the best high-end restaurants around the world. However, the high cost and big volume of the necessary appliances made it impossible for the amateur cooks to enjoy this easy, healthy and effective cooking technique at home. Recently, sous vide cooking has become popular since it is used by very famous chefs in most sucessfull cooking TV shows.
The secret of “sous vide” cooking is very simple. A vacuum sealed piece of food is kept inside a pot of water at a very stable but relatively low temperature for a long time. This cooking technique is sometimes described as a water-oven. Standard ovens regulate the inner air temperature to a certain set-point whereas the “sous vide” cooking machine does exactly the same with water. The result is a really evently cooked meal from edge to edge that can be easily repeated time after time. Everything is needed to prepare a wonderful sous vide meal is a pot with water, a plastic bag, Eskesso and your smartphone.
Main benefits of “sous vide” cooking with Eskesso
1. It is healthier. “Sous vide” cooking temperature is typically within the 50-80 ºC range, which allows us to preserve certain properties of the food that disappear at higher temperatures. Also, there are neither extra calories nor fat introduced during the cooking process making the result a really healthy meal.
2. It preserves your food properties longer. The fact that the food is cooked in a sealed bag guarantees food properties conservation and allows food nutritional value to be much higher than in other cooking methods.
3. It is tastier. Sous vide cooking helps to protect and even increase food flavour. That is why the best chefs use it.
4. It is time saving. As Eskesso connects to the Internet it can be programmed and controlled during the whole cooking process from anywhere, just with the help of a smartphone or tablet. Your meal will be ready just when you arrive home.
5. It is cleaner. After finishing your sous vide meal, everything you need to clean is your dish, neither pots nor appliances get dirty. Your kitchen will always be clean and tidy.
6. It is easy. Just programming your favourite recipe’s time and temperature will give you the same professional results time after time.
7. It is money saving. Whether you prepare your own bags or you buy Eskesso ready-to-cook food bags, you will waste almost no food as everything it is in the bag goes to the dish.
8. It is energy efficient. The heat transference towards the food being cooked is more homogeneous inside the water than in an conventional air oven. Additionally, with Eskesso you will only heat the exact amount of water that you need for your meal: your oven size will adapt to your meal size.
Control ESKESSO from your smartphone
You can control your ESKESSO from your smartphone so you can have your meal ready when you arrive at home. A new way to save time and enjoy just-cooked healthy food just at home.
It’s easy to use!
ESKESSO it’s not only easy to use but also is a way of having high quality recipes ready to enjoy just when you arrive at home. You can both buy ready-to-cook food bags from Eskesso e-commerce platform or create your own recipes as you want.
Why we are at Kickstarter
We are a small firm with a creative and disrruptive project but we need your collaboration just to launch our first units to the market.
We have been doing a big effort during the last two years creating our firsts functional prototypes. We were selected between more than 500 projects to enter the European Union startup acceleration program in 2015. In July 2016 we have also been one of 10 selected startups (between more than 600 companies from all over the world) in “StartupBootcamp IoT Connected Devices”acceleration program that takes place in London (UK). All that make us think think that we are in the right track but…
… now is YOUR time to decide if ESKESSO should become a reality.
Just join us at Kickstarter to make it happen!
As a Kickstarter backer you have an unique opportunity of collaborate creating ESKESSO. And we want you to have unique rewards as well. That’s why we will announce several stretch goals than will unlock new colors and product features. Just stay tuned!
Pedro Nuñez is a telecom engineer who has been running a home automation company for 10 years and his brother Pablo, computer science engineer, has been doing the same in his mobile app development company for the last 6. They have been looking for a personal project in which to merge their complementary expertise for a long time. Both are really busy professionals and love eating healthy and tasty food but they had no time for cooking.
Two years ago, Jose María Maestre, university professor, good friend and a passionate foodie, showed Pedro & Pablo his new sous vide cooker. Since that day, the three of them realized that they could make a revolutionary product to solve a global problem for busy people, working together as they wanted. That is how the Eskesso project was born.
During the following months the team made several protoboards to have a Proof of Concept while trying to validate the market through online surveys about the “time for cooking problem”. The research told them that there was a lot more people who wanted to cook healthy food at home but who didn´t have the time or skills.
After the arrival of Eva Guerrero and Fernando Martínez, the team grew to five people and, 6 months later, they were able to develop a full functional prototype, a mobile app to control it and a group of cloud services related to recipes and food e-commerce.
After the design stage, they have done lots of functional tests to the hardware and software platforms to be sure that the product and services quality is the best possible.
Eskesso prototypes have been tested by several professional chefs who had given the team a really valuable feedback to improve the product more and more.
About the rewards
- Pedro Nuñez has a Telecom Engineer degree and Master degrees on Building Automation and International Business. He initiated his career as entrepreneur in 2006, and since then he has managed as CEO up to 5 companies.
- Jose María Maestre is PhD on automation and robotics and Associate Professor at University of Seville. He has a master degree on smart homes and intelligent buildings and a master on telecommunications economics. During his career, he has also worked on the development of hardware for a wide range of applications and products.
- Pablo Nuñez has a Computer Science Engineering degree. He founded mobile industry focused company in 2010 where he has been in demand as CTO of several start-ups oriented mobility from the early stages.
- Fernando Martínez has an Electrical Engineering degree. He has been working on electronic design and prototyping for the last 5 years so he has a wide experience in this area. Specifically he is an expert on Arduino boards and microchips.
- Eva Guerrero has an Industrial Design Engineering degree and this is her first job. She has an excellent university record and she is incredibly creative with product design.
- Apart from this fantastic team, we have been supported for a group of really experienced mentors and advisors that we would like to thank.
Risks and challenges
We are ready to produce ESKESSO if our first goal is reached but just in case we need to face problems we want you to know that we will do our best to solve them.
We are an small company but we are also flexible and compromised professionals.