Founded in 2007, Origin Investments is a real estate investment firm that acquires office and multifamily properties in eight fast-growing markets: Austin, Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston and Raleigh. With offices in Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas and Denver..
About this Fund
Origin Fund III offers accredited investors the opportunity to participate in Origin’s latest fund which will be a continuation of its two prior funds that have been ranked in the top decile (top 10%) for investment performance relative to its peers by Preqin, an industry leader in tracking private equity real estate investment manager performance.
The fund will target value-add multifamily and office properties in high growth markets while providing investors with diversification across 15+ properties that differ by geographic region and property type.
The fund will acquire properties in markets that have demonstrated substantial increases in population and job growth and continue to exhibit attractive long-term demographic indicators. That target markets include Austin, Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston and Raleigh. Origin has regional teams in and around each of these target markets, which gives the firm a competitive advantage in sourcing and managing portfolio investments.
Additionally, the fund will focus on smaller transactions between $10-40 million in order to limit competition. Assets in this price range are often overlooked since they require too much equity for smaller, regional players, but sit well below the minimum equity requirements of larger institutional owners. Assets in this price range are often also under-managed since local, less sophisticated owners may not realize the upside potential and institutional owners often focus more on their larger assets that have a material impact on overall portfolio performance.
Origin is comprised of an institutionally-trained team that has executed over $5 billion in real estate transactions and has a proven ability to increase top line revenue and operational efficiency at the asset level.
- Origin’s first two funds are on track to generate more than a 25% net IRR to investors, ranking them a top 10% fund manager according to Preqin
- $10 million personal commitment to Fund III from Origin’s two principals alongside investors at the same terms
- $70 million of equity has already been raised for Fund III
- 96% of deals in Origin Funds I & II have outperformed projections
- Institutionally-trained team of 15 professionals has executed over $5 billion in real estate transactions and has over 120 years of combined experience
- Origin Fund III is IRA eligible