MyBreakTrip is a specialist in group travel, offering an all-in-one booking experience for medium to large groups of 4 – 50 travellers. MyBreakTrip has completed its proof of concept stage and funds will be used for marketing, operational costs and infrastructure.
- Have become agents with Expedia, Jet2, Olympic Holidays and Thomson
- Have attracted over 1,200 members and booked over 50 trips
- In the next 12 months, looking to increase member numbers to 70k
- Maintain avg commission of 8% – 10%
MyBreakTrip is a UK travel website that enables travellers to completely plan and pay for a group trip online in one place. Our target audience is medium to large groups (4-50 travellers). Our members can either create or join private group trips or find like-minded travel buddies.
A group of travellers can request & choose from competitve quotes provided by well-known tour operators for whom we act as agents (e.g. Olympic Holidays, Jet2 and Expedia).
From our research existing travel planning websites do not offer a centralised all-in-one trip booking process for medium to large groups (4 to 50 travellers),e.g. a single platform where travellers can organise end-to-end a group trip. We believe that without MyBreakTrip, the whole effort to organise a group trip end-to-end is a painful and time consuming process. On average people take 30 hours to set up a trip for 6 people or more because it involves a series of activities that must happen before the trip takes place.
Achievements to date:
– Proof of concept completed
– Secured investment of £65K to kick off (equity investment of £51k & £14k loan)
– Attracted over 1,200 verified members and booked over 50 trips
– Changed our product to adapt quickly and efficiently based on the feedback from of our customers
– We have become agents with huge brands like Expedia, Jet2, Olympic Holidays, Thomson, etc.