THE FORCE FOR GOOD ACCELERATOR / FUND
The first accelerator / fund for “Best for the World” B Corps
The Force for Good Accelerator / Fund is specifically designed to nurture, grow, and launch women- and people of color-owned, high-impact, “Best for the World” B Corporations (i.e., companies that score in the top 10% of B Corps worldwide).
This project combines non-extractive capital, Title III equity crowdfunding, diversity and inclusion, climate change solutions, and the global B Corp movement to address some of society’s most challenging social and environmental problems.
Our ambition is to (1) become the first crowdfunded investment fund for “Best for the World” B Corporations, (2) increase the number of women- and people of color-owned B Corps, (3), increase the number of B Corps that address climate change through their business model, (4) help more companies measure, compare, and improve their social and environmental performance, and (5) prove that this model works so it can be scaled and/or replicated anywhere in the world.
- $20k in charitable startup funding raised from B Corps like King Arthur Flour, The Honest Company, and Guayaki
- 9 world-class advisory board members, including Rose Marcario, CEO of Patagonia; Kat Taylor, CEO of Beneficial State Bank; and Gigi Lee Chang, Founder of Plum Organics
- 20+ B Corp CEOs already committed to supporting the project, including Adam Lowry (Ripple Foods and Method), Pete Alberse (Seventh Generation Ventures) and Joel Solomon (Renewal Funds)
- 100s of B Corp executives, managers, and employees that have expressed interest in mentoring accelerated companies to make this project a success
- THE BUZZ ABOUT THE FORCE FOR GOOD ACCELERATOR / FUNDYou ought to take a look at these B Corporations… we’ve got to get back to a society that doesn’t give one class of stakeholders an inordinate advantage over others.Bill ClintonFormer President of the United StatesI hope that five years from now, ten years from now, we’ll look back and say B Corporations were the start of the revolution. The existing paradigm isn’t working anymore–this is the future.Yvon ChouinardFounder of Patagonia
We’re Dedicated to Helping Businesses Do Good
B Corps are a growing community of more than 1,850 companies—including Patagonia, Ben & Jerry’s, Etsy, Seventh Generation, and Eileen Fisher—that aspire to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. The Force for Good Accelerator is designed to help nurture, support, and grow women and people of color-owned, high-impact B Corporations.
MEET THE FOUNDERS