Open food laboratory
Delivering high level training and providing employment opportunities in the food and beverage sector for the long-term unemployed and young school leavers.
We want to set up a cafe space for the education of the hospitality arts. We’re an inclusive team that deliver top level education from our baristas and chefs to give those without opportunity the chance to find meaningful work and employment. We will be taking on apprentice applicants, train them to be high level professionals and looking to get them into full time work in an industry which has a shortage in trained staff. We also want to hold regular free drop in sessions to educate community groups in common cuisine; how to cook them with healthy ingredients and expand and promote the amount of healthy eating in our city.
What we’ll deliver:
- Create apprentice training schemes for long term unemployed to become fully trained food industry staff.
- Find well paid places of work for our most experiences apprentices.
- Education for local community groups on slow and healthy eating
Why it’s a great idea:
Unemployment is a big problem in the UK both for the economy and the negative self esteem caused by being out of work. Most businesses in the food sector are suffering a shortage in well trained staff and are constantly looking to replace staff in a transient industry. We want to plug the gap in our market caused by low experienced and under-trained staff by bringing people into the working world that have a desire to better themselves, training them and finding them permanent work.
Steps to get it done:
- £5k Our container build is possible!
- £25K We have enough to buy a roaster!
- £35K Our kitchen is nearly complete- Help us out get the cutlery on the table!
We want to show London communities that business can be about more than profit and can provide support and nourishment for those most vulnerable.