New and improved StorkStand 2. Portable Standing Desk starting at Only $99. Doctor Approved. No Assembly. Redefine Your Workspace.
About this project
Standing desks are bulky and expensive. We designed a desk that’s affordable, portable, and sets up in seconds. StorkStand was born from the belief that good business begins with healthy people. We too have worked long hours and have experienced the negative effects of sacrificing our well-being for our jobs. We’ve made one simple choice – to prioritize our personal health.
Our mission is to make a healthy workspace accessible to all.
Studies & Facts:
- “We move 90% less than our ancestors did 100 years ago.” – Mayo Clinic
- “The average American spends 55% of their waking day (7.7 hours) sitting.” – Juststand.org
- “Standing leads to 10% increase in productivity.” – Business Insider
- “Standing for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, burns 8 lbs of fat per year.” – BBC News
StorkStand is designed for use in any environment. Whether you work from a cubicle, your home office, or a coworking space, StorkStand instantly improves the ergonomics of your workspace.
Existing standing desks are expensive and bulky.
We want to thank all of the wonderful people & startups who have helped us along the way. It really does take a village.
Featured Video Startups (Who stand with StorkStand!)
- Love With Food (lovewithfood.com) – Discover curated organic & all-natural snacks delivered to your door.
- T & J Designs (tandjdesigns.com) – Exclusive designs by sisters and bloggers Tiff & Jen.
- Lioness (lioness.io) – A vibrator designed to help you learn about your body’s sexual response.
- David Gerber (davidagerber.com) – Speaker, life and leadership coach for professionals and corporate leaders.
- Concept Drop (conceptdrop.com) – Marketing design while you sleep.
- Sideline Swap (sidelineswap.com) – Makes it easy for athletes to buy, sell, and trade sports gear online.
- Magoosh (magoosh.com) – Online test prep to get the scores you want.
- BeautyDate (beautydate.com) – Find the beauty services closest to you and schedule online.
- Fuel Panda (fuelpanda.com) – We come fuel your car weekly. Never run out of fuel again.
- UC Berkeley Skydeck (skydeck.berkeley.edu) – UC Berkeley startup incubator.
StorkStand Video (From our first Kickstarter):
Risks and challenges
This is StorkStand’s second Kickstarter project. We’ve delivered our healthy products to thousands of happy customers across the world. Although we are always learning new and more efficient tricks, we’ve got some great experience under our belts on how to manufacture high-quality products and fulfill lots of orders, safely and quickly. We’ve also been blindsided more than once by completely unexpected issues and have always managed them in a way that leaves every last customer happy with their purchase and proud to support our company.
We know what we’re doing, and you should be very confident that we will deliver what we say we will deliver. And we solemnly swear that should unforeseen issues come up, we will handle them with the utmost transparency and care for you, our valued backers.
Supply Chain Risk: We’re incredibly proud of our manufacturing partners and supply chain, and have a lot of confidence that we can make what we say we’ll make, when we say we’ll make it. But we know things can change at the drop of a hat. That’s why we pad our schedule for these kind of things, but sometimes not enough. As a small company, we value true transparency. So that’s exactly what we’ll offer our backers: open communication at all times. The good and the not so good stuff. But we expect lots more of the good stuff.
Acts of God: We’re based in the Bay Area. That means we could have an earthquake. Or we could be suddenly overtaken by a wave of ever-so-trendy hipster vegans on fixed-gear bikes. Whatever happens, we’ll get through it together. That’s our promise to you.