10×10 Hong Kong – 8 Sept 2016
There are thousands of charities and social enterprises – how do you know which one to support?
How do you know where your money’s going?
I don’t have enough time to find out what’s out there, let alone whether they’re legit.
I’m not a millionaire so how can I make a difference?
THE 10X10 SOLUTION
10×10 is a scalable platform that provides a unique and social forum for young professionals and creatives to give to emerging charities or social enterprises whose causes resonate with them. It also engenders a culture of giving and philanthropy within our communities.
THIS 10X10 EVENT – SUPPORTING SOCIAL ENTERPRISES
Join us on Thursday 8 September 2016 at Infiniti LAB HKG at the Hopewell Centre
Located at Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Drinks & canapes from 6:30pm. Speakers begin promptly at 7pm.
HOW IT WORKS
1) Each event showcases three emerging charities or social enterprises, carefully chosen as organisations creating solutions to complex social issues in our communities or abroad.
2) Supported by the 10×10 founders, each event is planned and hosted by a fresh committee of 10. Each committee member hosts 10 guests at the event, bringing together over 100 people who each contribute HK$1,000 or more, raising HK$100,000 at least!
3) Each charity or social enterprise has five minutes to pitch in the style of the popular UK television show “The Dragon’s Den” and are then questioned by a special guest Dragon about their cause and business model.
4) The amount you donate through Pozible in advance is turned into vouchers for ‘Charity Dollars’ in increments of HK$500. After hearing the pitches, you choose the organisations you most want to support. Many people want to support all three charities or social enterprises so they contribute HK$1,500 or more. Additional donations to the enterprises are contributed by our event sponsors.
5) All costs of each event are covered by event sponsors, to ensure that ALL funds raised on the night go directly to the three charities or social enterprises.
We are pleased to announce that our dragons for the night are:
Sean Lee Davies – Artist / Activist / Entrepreneur & Filmmaker, 2014 won JMen man of the yr award, founded a non-profit organization called Project C:CHANGE, an environmental initiative that raises funding and awareness in Asia
Victoria Tang – photographer, owner & creative director of Tang Tang Tang Tang
Ali Bullock – Works for Infiniti on Formual 1 as social media manager, keen philanthropist advising several NGO’s such as HandsOn Hong Kong + animal welfare NGOs across Asia
THE SOCIAL ENTERPRISES
10×10 can’t wait to introduce you to three fantastic social enterprises at our event on 19 September 2016
Mother’s Choice – grassroots non-profit organization that provides and promotes loving, nurturing care for babies and children needing permanent homes, and for single girls and their family facing crisis pregnancies.
Food Angel – food rescue and food assistance program launched in 2011 by Bo Charity Foundation with the mission of “WASTE NOT, HUNGER NOT.” The program rescues edible surplus food from different sectors of the food industry. The rescued food items will then be prepared as nutritious hot meals in our central kitchens and be redistributed to serve the underprivileged communities in Hong Kong.
Chicken Soup – Founded in 2013, (CSF) provides all-rounded development to students in Hong Kong who are most deprived and living under extreme poverty. CSF is currently covering 1,100 underprivileged students & presently offers 10 well-structured and tailored programs according to the urgent and specific needs of these students in three service categories: education, healthcare and inspirational activities.
How The Funds Will Be Used
Choose how much you want to pledge by selecting one of our three rewards: HK$1,000, HK$1,500 or HK$3,000 by clicking on the rewards icon. All donations are tax deductible. This is your entry ticket to the event.
You pre-pay this on Pozible, one of world’s leading crowdfunding websites, and get a confirmation of your contribution. The pooled funds are held securely by Pozible.
ALL of the pooled funds will then be distributed to the social enterprises based on the tallied up contributions.
THANKS to all our sponsors
Please refer to the charity pages of the respective websites for more information : )