A low cost, battery powered wi-fi camera which emails a photo when movement is detected during the day or night. No apps required.
About this project
Snap alert cam is a battery powered wi-fi camera which will snap a photo and email it to the owner when movement is detected. As the camera is battery powered,it is completely wireless and can be placed anywhere within the existing wi-fi coverage. This makes it great for installations on porches or blind spots around the home where traditional cameras requiring wiring are difficult to install. Typically the camera has a standby time of 6 months or 2000 photo notifications emailed to the owner.
Snap alert cam was designed for one purpose and one purpose only, to be an extending eye at your home and notify you when someone is there while you are not during the day or night.
Snap alert cam was designed with affordability as one of its primary corner stones to allow more folks to enjoy peace of mind while being away from home. It is not a surveillance camera, it is a notification system with picture confirmation.
A few basic features of snap alert cam can be see in the video below:
Snap Alert Cam requires a simple one time setup procedure described in the following video:
Here are a few photos taken with Snap Cam Alert
Snap Alert Cam can operate in total darkness. Image 4 is an example of a picture taken in total darkness at 2 meters from the Snap Alert Camera.
Snap Alert Cam Specifications:
- Image size – 640 x 480 (VGA)
- Notification rate – one email 30 seconds after movement is detected
- Battery size required – 18650 , 3.7 Volts , 3000mA minimum
- Battery life – 6 months at an averge rate of 10 notifications a day
- Motion sensing ability – 5 meters
- Image color – Images are not true color
- Camera Size – Height = 100mm , width = 50mm, depth = 45mm
Snap Alert Cam operational tips and limitations:
- For best results do not mount Snap Alert Cam directly facing the sun. Mounting it at a height above 1.8 meters and above facing downward at 30 to 45 degrees is preferred.
- Although weatherproof do not mount Snap Alert Cam where it will be in direct contact with rain. Mounting under eves when outdoor is advisable.
- To minimize false notifications do not mount Snap Alert Cam facing moving traffic or close to moving tree branches.
Risks and challenges
After several board revisions over the past few months, all of the foreseeable engineering bugs have been resolved. In the unlikely event of new issues arising, i am confident that they will be swiftly assessed and resolved and not affect the delivery date of the product.