The Racefully app enables you to run with friends in real time, wherever they are in the world. It’s the only running app where the activity is a shared experience. Winner of the London Sport Technology Innovation Fund 2016, investors include Ex-COO of Skype and UK ex-MD of Gumtree.
- Patent pending system that adjusts for differences in route
- 4,250 registered users pre launch
- B2C and B2B monetizing strategy
- Top 5 Crowdrating ranking in Jan 2016
Racefully lets you run virtually with friends in real time – wherever they are in the world.
Current fitness apps offer a largely solitary experience and leave little room for the social benefits of running. We believe that technology and human connection have the power to engage runners in ways that stats-based fitness tracking alone can never achieve. Studies show that people who keep fit together enjoy themselves more and achieve better health outcomes. In short, running is an increasingly social activity, and Racefully’s social virtual fitness experience sets us apart from the competition. Racefully ensures there’s always someone great to exercise with, and uses a patent-pending system to immerse participants in the competition and camaraderie of exercising together, adjusting behind the scenes for differences in route, gradient and conditions.
– Existing angels include the previous global COO of Skype and the previous UK MD of Gumtree
– Ranked by Crowdrating as one of the top five companies on any crowdfunding platform in the UK in January 2016
– Winner of London Sport Technology Innovation Fund 2016 Award
– One of six companies selected (out of over 200) for TechnoGym’s 2015/16 Wellness Accelerator
– 4,250 users registered pre-launch; we’ve achieved an average per-user cost of 50p for the 2,500 added since Feb 2016