EnergyNest – Opening Soon
Renewable energy has challenges. The sun doesn’t always shine and the wind doesn’t always blow. Current energy storage solutions are complex, expensive and hard to maintain. EnergyNest is the solution.
- EnergyNest is solving problems in three grid-scale energy storage markets: Concentrated Solar Power (CSP), Long-duration power grid storage and industrial waste heat storage. A combined +$5billion market by 2020.
Current solutions are complex and expensive to build and maintain or are dependent on geography (e.g pumped hydro-storage).
Founded in 2011 by NTNU Professor Pål G. Bergan, EnergyNest can now provide versatile thermal energy storage modules. This new technology is now ready for commercialisation throughout the world.
- EnergyNest is a low cost solution – both in terms of CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) and OPEX (Operating Expenditure) – for the customer.
- It has high durability, a long lifecycle (50+ years) and contains no moving parts. Its is fully recyclable.
- With its LEGO-like solid-state modules it is fully scalable according to any customer requirements. The modules can be easily integrated with different energy systems.
Our Current Situation
- Since 2011 we have raised over $8m equity and received over $1.9m in grants, subsidies and tax relief.
- Our pilot scheme was fully and independently validated in October 2015 by an independent third party, we now have incurred commerical revenue this year, currently negotiating projects in all three target segments across Europe, MENA, US and China
- We have built a talented, international and experienced team to bring EnergyNest to the world
- Chairman – Harald Norvik. Former CEO of Statoil, currently on the board of Conocophillips, PGS and Deep Ocean.
- CEO – Dr. Christian Thiel. Previously BMW Group, UBS Investment Bank, McKinsey and wind turbine manufacturer Senvion
- CFO – Andre Korn. Previously McKinsey, Infineon and Mubadala.
- CTO – Pål G. Bergan. Professor at NTNU, Trondheim and a PhD from University of California, Berkeley.
- Please view our CNN interview from Fall last year
Our Funding Round
- We are raising capital to achieve three objectives: accelerate commercialization, execute R&D roadmap to tap additional target market segments and strengthen flexibility of interim working capital while delivering projects, achieve self-sustainability for EnergyNest (cash-flow breakeven) by 2019.
- We are looking for investors from all over the world who can:
- Help us reach our goals through their networks and connections, or just local knowledge – all is valuable.
- Be part of a community of brand ambassadors to help excite their own networks about the changes EnergyNest can bring to the world