Legally Blind Personal Trainer to Help Develop a Customizable Fitness App to Solve Huge Problems in the Fitness Industry!
Brent Kasmer, a legally blind and certified, personal trainer is helping to develop a comprehensive, mobile solution to fitness that fixes the two major problems leading the fitness industry today.
1. All fitness solutions offer a one size fits all type program
2. They don’t eliminate the reasons why we quit
His disability has been helping him to not only better understand the physiology of the body to customize people’s programs, but also be more empathetic to those struggling to maintain their fitness routine.
Unfortunately, due to the ever-changing demands on people and their continued lifestyle changes, finding a solution that satisfies everyone’s varying needs is virtually impossible so over time people’s quit their exercise programs.
A study by the University of Scranton indicates that only 8% of us that start a weight loss goal actually reach that goal. In order to ensure our fitness app’s success it was necessary for us to determine the top reasons for why people don’t reach their goal and quit their exercise programs.
The top 8 reasons found:
- Uniqueness of traits meaning “one size does not fit all”
- Lack of accountability
- Injuries &/or lifestyle changes
- Lack of knowledge
- Undefined goals
- Lack of plan or direction to reach goals
Their commitment is to not only provide the world with an easy, effective solution to a continued problem… but also to overcome all these barriers that typically do not allow a person success when trying to reach their weight loss or health goals.
“After witnessing first hand how my husband has been able to personalize the programming at the studio to each person i decided to move forward this year to raise funding for the app with a projected launch date of mid December (prior to the New Year).”
They need to raise $100,000 to ensure this fitness app’s success and if they raise more have already planned a nutritional element to the app workflow.
They plan to include features similar to other fitness apps, but also include benefits never done before…
- the ability to like or dislike exercises choices
- ability to shuffle style exercises in a fun, unique way
- customize it by adding in injuries or ailments for modified programming
- offer accountability through a pt check-in system
- a reset functionality if you haven’t exercised in a while
They are excited to bring this innovation to the world and offer a more comprehensive, affordable solution to those looking to improve their health.