Support International Indigenous Solidarity – Fund MASIL 2016!
By Mapuche Aboriginal Struggles for Indigenous Land (MASIL)
Support this historic exchange being organised between Aboriginal, Mapuche and more international First Nations peoples meeting in Wallmapu (Southern Chile) in November 2016!
In November this year, the first phase of the Mapuche Aboriginal Struggles for Indigenous Land (MASIL) Exchange will take place, in which Aboriginal and Mapuche activists will join together with Indigenous representatives from Aotearoa/NZ, Bolivia and Canada, hosted by the Mapuche community of Temukuikui in the South of Chile, for two weeks of exchange, sharing, discussion, inspiration and building solidarity.
We need to raise $30,000 to pay for:
– International and domestic airfares for MASIL representatives.
– Accommodation, transport, food and logistics while representatives are in Latin America.
– Cameras and equipment to produce the documentary about the exchange.
The Mapuche Aboriginal Struggles for Indigenous Land (MASIL) Exchange is a historic event, which aims to:
• To establish face to face contact and dialogue and build links between Indigenous communities protecting their lands.
• To document all the work that is carried out and to produce a documentary of approximately 60 minutes duration, for distribution in Australia and internationally.
As well as donating, a great way for you to support the MASIL Exchange is to support and spread it on social media!
These two things: making a donation and sharing the campaign on social media, dramatically increase the success of the crowd funding campaign – and are an invaluable way to show solidarity with the MASIL Project.
The MASIL Collective