TAIPEI, TAIWAN- The city of Lianyungang in China is organizing a global design competition – Huaguoshan Cup – inviting creative works featuring Monkey King, the main legendary character in the great classical Chinese novel “Journey to the West”, and other themes in the book.
Huaguoshan, or Mountain of Flowers and Fruits, is home to the mythical Monkey King, named Sunwukong in Journey to the West which is one of the four greatest classical Chinese novels. The mountain situates in Lianyungang, which prides itself as inspiration to the author and root of the cultural heritage centered on the novel, which is a mix of mythology, fantasy, adventure and folk religions.
To demonstrate the rich history and culture of the city and to promote the spirits and values reflected in the novel , the Lianyungang City Government and China Arts and Crafts Association are jointly organizing the 2016 China “Huaguoshan Cup” design contest with the main theme on “picturing the Monkey King”.
Also welcome are designs related to Huaguoshan and other contents in the novel as well as the city itself. The entries can be creative crafts or designs which reveal traditional Chinese culture or contemporary art with emphasis on Chinese elements from a global perspective.
Submission of entries: Until July 31 (included), 2016
Forms of entries:
- Crafts : The organizers will not take responsibilities for the damages sustained in shipping.
- The completed item of design must not exceed 100cmx100cm (in length and width) and must be packaged well to avoid damage.
- Designs: in JPG format with minimum resolution of 300dpiA. Souvenirs for sightseeing:
- Gifts and souvenirs of all types. The designed items must have the value for commercialization with business prospects. Must have the potential for mass production.
- Categories of designs:
- Figurines featuring the city?® Awards and prizes? For each category, there will be 5 Gold Awards with a prize of 10,000 RMB yuan for each design, 10 Silver Awards with a prize of 8,000 RMB yuan for each design, 20 Bronze Awards with 5,000 RMB yuan in prize for each design , 30 Outstanding Awards and several Impressive Awards.Heavyweight experts from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong will be invited to serve as judges to evaluate the entries in August this year. Criteria for consideration will include themes, creativity, uniqueness, connotation, visual impact, overall look, and degree of acceptance by people from different geographic areas and cultural background.® Submission of entries:Ms. Joy Yeh6F., No.303, Bangka Blvd., Wanhua Dist., Taipei City 108, Taiwan (R.O.C.) The organizers added that the submitted pieces must be the original works of individual participants or the participating groups, whether the entries are computer designs, hand illustrations or word descriptions. Participants must ensure that their works do not infringe intellectual property rights, and if such violations arise, the participants should carry full responsibilities.For further information please visit:?http://trip.huaguoshan.gov.cn/hsmhw/ , orLianyungang City Government at http://www.lyg.gov.cn/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press contact: Miranda Fang
- Photo caption: Officials from Lianyungang City and members from China Arts and Crafts Association invite art lovers to submit their creative works for the 2016 China “Huaguoshan Cup” design competition.
- Huaguoshan Administration at http://www.huaguoshan.gov.cn/,
- Teachers and students from art design schools, professional art designers, product designers, people working for the design departments of enterprises, and all others interested in design are welcome to join the competition.
- Times International Advertising Co. Ltd.
- Send entries to?
- The winning pieces will be displayed in September and the Awarding Ceremony is scheduled in mid-October. They will also be divided into separate groups for market exploration, according to the organizers.
- Evaluation and Awarding Ceremony?
- Awards and prizes for both categories of designs are offered.
- Figurines of scenic attractions in the city and other themes.