The Nimble Urban Scooter
Nimble Scooters is about getting things done the fun way. The world’s first Urban Cargo Scooter.
We think scooters are awesome. Help us bring the world’s first cargo scooters to you!
The Nimble Urban Scooter
- Simpler than a bike – Easier than a bike, smaller than a bike. Designed for short trips when all you need is a little extra speed. Zero maintenance and no grease
- Easy to carry and store – Folds up and can be taken inside easily. Fits in most trunks and the tiniest of apartments!
- Fits all sizes – One size fits all with the Nimble Urban’s adjustable handle bars (up to 6’4″ / 1m96)
- Carries more than you can – The Nimble Urban can hold baskets, bags, dogs, tools, anything! It can support over 300 pounds (~136kg) and fits standard bike baskets, racks and bags
- Designed with a purpose – We’ve designed the Nimble Urban to be perfect for distances too far to walk but not far enough to be worth taking a car or bike. It’s more versatile, more functional and more nimble than any alternative on the market
For Work and Play
Over 50 pounds (25kg) of it!
From groceries to dogs, the Nimble Urban can carry whatever you need either on its front flat rack or through standard bicycle bags and accessories. Your imagination is the limit with the Nimble Urban!
Easy and Exciting
At its core, the Nimble Urban is fun. It’s agile, quick and has a very smooth ride. You can wear any type of clothing without worrying about it getting stuck in gears, and never have to pump the tires. There’s nothing easier than getting on a scooter and taking it for a spin!
Carry and Store It!
In return for your contribution, we have carefully selected and designed a few gifts that you can wear, ride and show your support for Nimble Scooters!
The Indiegogo campaign will end in May and based on our experience making scooters for the last four years we know that we can begin manufacturing in June. You can expect your Nimble Urban to arrive end of June/July depending on where you live!
Nimble Scooters has been making scooters for large industrial and warehouse spaces since 2012. Since then, we’ve noticed a lot of interest from families and individuals and so we designed a more consumer focused product, the Nimble Urban. Our team has decades of combined experience launching automotive, bicycle and other consumer products. Scooters have been our specialty for the last four years giving us the production know-how required to deliver these kick ass kick-scooters to you this summer.
We need $20,000 for the tooling required to make this unique scooter. This money will be used to purchase raw materials, packaging, tooling, and various smaller parts like wheels, grip tape, hand grips and quick-releases. The scooter goes through several steps of manufacturing including cutting, tumbling, welding and powder coating which all add up to the making of a Nimble Urban.
What people are saying:
If you like what we’re doing and want to help us achieve our goals, share our work using these simple tools. Word-of-mouth & social media helps a lot more than you know!
At the end of the campaign, we will send you a questionnaire about the color you´d like for your Nimble Urban.
Do you ship to Switzerland?
Yes we can. The shipping system did not include Switzerland in the EU so we´ll send you an EU address you may use.
– Yes there is a metal loop on the center post through which you can attach any standard bicycle lock
– Yes, the scooter has been taken on trains before, on the Thalys, Pacific Surfliner, Parisian subways and buses, without any problems, folded or unfolded. We have also packed it up in its box and flown with it.
– There is a flex brake located on the rear wheel which you use with your foot.
– The Nimble Urban is designed for short trips of about 1-2 miles. It works well on campuses, in office buildings, facilities, studios, to go to the local farmer’s market, to school, around your neighborhood, etc.