Shared and Hourly based Electric Vehicles
EkoRent is the biggest company in Finland to offer affordable, easy-to-use, zero-emission car rental and sharing services. Our vehicles are 100% electric and completely emission free. Our customers love our service and we want to expand it further!
Purpose of the company and the idea for the service is to offer an eco-innovative, affordable alternative for car ownership reducing the traffic congestion and pollution challenges in cities. We offer Electric Vehicles (EVs) to those that are concerned of the global warming and air quality and do not wish to own a private car due to costs and the amount of work it takes to maintain and own it, especially in a city. Our service meets the needs that are global and match those of urban city planning and smart city projects in Finland and globally.
All members behind EkoRent, founders and management, owners and investors, are profoundly concerned of the state of the nature and wish to do their share on improving the situation yet recognizing that the change has to be done in economically viable manner.
- EkoRent was founded in March of 2014.
- The concept of renting an electric vehicle with the mobile app, the renting mobile app itself and its integration to the car functionalities was developed during year 2014.
- Initial EkoRent service stations and mobile app were launched in December 2014.
Our first full month of commercial operations was January 2015.
- In October 2015 EkoRent won the award for Consumer Cleantech category at the Cleantech Venture Day’15. Cleantech Venture Day is the oldest and biggest cleantech investor event in the Nordics. 2015 was the event’s 10th anniversary.
- In November 2015 EkoRent successfully completed first ever crowdfunding campaign for additional vehicles and service stations in Finland.
- In February 2016 EkoRent had over 1 100 registered members.
- In February 2016 EkoRent fleet includes 13 electric vehicles and we operate 6 service stations in metropolitan area of Finland.