Phenix Salons INC
Phenix Salons INC “Phenix” is a multifaceted company in the retail Salon and Spa Industry. Founded by Gina Rivera a well-known icon in the world of beauty who was featured on CBS’s UNDERCOVER BOSS receiving one of the highest ratings for an episode
Phenix Salons INC (“Phenix” or “the Company”) is the leading operator of “Boutique Salon Concepts” with 150 locations and more than 200 locations projected to be open by the end of 2016. The Company manufactures a line of Skincare and Hair Care Products under the Brands of Phenix 1929 and Tools by Gina. The Company develops Real Estate for its Salon Locations and operates Corporate Owned and Franchised Salons under the Phenix Salon Suites brand.
The Company builds out and manages large commercial spaces of approximately 5,500 square feet, converting into 30-40 individual boutique suites each typically run by one salon professional
Boxes range from 3,200 to 8,000 square feet with a weekly rental revenue spanning $190 to $255, depending on geography. Suites are operated by a variety of professionals, including: Hair Stylists, Nail Technicians, Aestheticians, Massage Therapists, and Doctors or Chiropractors
The Company also develops Real Estate Buildings for its Stand Alone locations in addition to co-tenant Real Estate Shopping Centers.
The Company has also developed an exclusive line of Phenix-branded premium-positioned products that is launching through its captive salon base, other specialty retail locations and direct-to-consumer
– Recently launching distribution with “Dea Di Gina” speciality retail outlets in high-traffic locations in US
– Recently securing Informercial Production and Airing for Tools by Gina (www.toolsbygina.com) a line of Infrared Technology Flat Irons, Curling Irons and Blow Dryers
– Recently securing spots on LIVE TV SHOPPING Channel for “Tools by Gina”
– Recently selected as the official gift at the GRAMMY gift lounge for “Tools by Gina”
– Recently securing Phenix 1929 Retail Stores in upcoming Phenix Salon Suites Locations
FOUNDED BY A FAMILY OF SALON PROFESSIONALS WITH OVER 85 YEARS OF SALON INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE AND FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF LOCATING, BUILDING, AND OPERATING OVER 100 LOCATIONS.
Products / Services
Salons, Retail Products and Real Estate
Phenix Salons INC “Phenix” is a multifaceted company that developes Franchise and Company owned Salons under the brand of “Phenix Salon Suites”. The Company develops Real Estate for their Franchise and Company owned Salon Locations in Stand Alone and Retail Shopping Centers. The Company also manufactures and distributes a line of Skincare, Hair Care and Styling Tools under the brands of Phenix 1929 and Tools by Gina.
President Business Development
Gina Rivera is a well-known icon in the world of beauty. Rivera skyrocketed to success when the company she founded, Phenix Salon Suites, became the fastest growing salon suite company in the beauty industry and the only one to ever be named to Entrepreneur’s Top 500 Franchise List. The company, who was named twice to the list, is rapidly approaching 200 national locations with plans for international expansion.
This lead to Rivera being featured on the Emmy Award winning show Undercover Boss. After receiving one of the highest Nielsen ratings ever for an episode, she was propelled into the limelight and generated a tremendous fan base inside and outside of the beauty world both domestically and internationally.
Rivera is a seasoned columnist who has been published over 150 times. She has been featured in well-known publications such as Fashion & Style, Modern Salon, the Huffington Post, Hairbrained and several others. With over 170,000 Facebook followers,
Chief Executive Officer
At Phenix Salon Suites, Mr. Rivera has led the Company onto the Top 500 Franchise List of Entrepreneur Magazine
– While at Phenix, Mr. Rivera has grown the business to operate in excess of 150 locations as well as spearhead the development of a line of high-end hair and skin products along with Real Estate Development
– Mr. Rivera sold his marketing research company in 2009
– Former Olympic Training Center Athlete and Member of Board of Directors for USA Judo
Mr. Rivera is a graduate of the University of Colorado, with degrees in marketing and business
Executive Vice President Operating Officer
-At Phenix Salon Suites, Mr. Griffith develops training programs and provides support and continued training for managing partners and franchisees. Her oversee asll of the Operations Nationwide for the Phenix Salon Suites Locations
-Prior to joining Phenix, Mr. Griffith was a regional manager of corporate accounts for Enterprise Rent-A-Car in Tennessee
Executive Vice President Development
– Mr. Aselton leads Phenix Salon Suites’ franchise division
– Responsible for communicating with prospective franchise candidates, helping candidates understand the Phenix business model, and filtering the candidates through a rigorous selection process
-Joined Phenix Salon Suites in August 2010
– Mr. Aselton has grown the business from only two franchises upon joining to over 150 locations today and over 80 Franchise Partners.
– Prior to joining Phenix, Mr. Aselton served as President of Franchise Inc!, an international franchise consulting company with more than 60 consultants throughout the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain
More than 14 years of franchise consulting experience
Executive Vice President Development
– Joined Phenix as Director of National Real Estate in 2010
– Mr. Aertker has grown the business from one location upon to joining to 143 locations in 20 states
At Phenix, Mr. Aertker is responsible for building a national real estate team and broker training, site selection and lease negotiation, assisting managing franchise partners in site research and selection, and closing real estate deals
– While at Phenix, Mr. Aertker has closed deals with some of the largest shopping center developers and REITs in the US, including Kimco Realty, Regency Centers, Developers Diversified (DDR), Combined Properties, Urban Retail, Inland, Woolbright, Equity One, and many regional and local developers
Prior to working in commercial real estate, Mr. Aertker started and later sold a successful real estate appraisal firm
– Mr. Aertker assembled for development 27 contiguous parcels near the renowned Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs, CO
– Began his real estate career with Folmar and Associates