Help Produce Chris Duarte’s 14th Album
Help legendary Blues Guitarist Chris Duarte release his 14th album solely with fan support.
What This Is – Chris Duarte’s 14th Album
Austin, Texas-based Chris Duarte, front man for the high-energy blues-rock power-trio known as the Chris Duarte Group (CDG), has been a professional musician for more than 30 years. During that time, he has released 13 critically acclaimed albums and has constantly toured the world, playing an average of 150 shows a year.
Every album the CDG has released was backed by a producer, and as such, each album had its own restrictions or desires controlled by the producers. Chris never had full creative license to release his music on his own terms. After 30 years of recording for someone else, and seeing the success of crowd-sourcing, Chris is attempting his next album release solely for you, his fans.
His new tracks have been created on the road, from concerts with you, and although this is a studio album, it captures the intimate feel of the road, doing what he loves to do, performing for you and communing with you night after night.
Join this quest for independence and prepare to receive a new Opus from one of the greatest guitarists of our time.
What We Need & What You Get
Chris Duarte needs $6,000 to finish, produce, manufacture and distribute his latest recording, 11 new high-energy blues/rock/jazz/fusion creative works. Here’s where the money goes:
- Studio time at the world-famous Prairie Sun Studios in San Francisco. Chris Duarte, Steve Evans (bass) and Chris Burroughs (percussion) laid down backing tracks for 11 new recordings in January. Chris needs to return to Prairie Sun to finish overdubbing and mastering this ALL ANALOG project.
- Backing musicians and cover song royalties also need to be paid
- Manufacturing media, printing, distribution and marketing costs
- This is not a donation. Aside from being a part of helping a musical icon discover independence from the industry, he will reward you with autographed CDs, t-shirts, personal messages and a few surprises along the way.
Why This Is Important
The music industry is changing. For centuries, musicians had to make their living by working for someone else to have a small chance at being successful. Operas and Symphonies were created on commission. Albums were created based on markets created by the recording industry. There have been a handful of defining moments that established a new path. Crowd-sourcing is one defining moment. The dawn of streaming media is another. Artists now have a chance to truly follow their creative hearts rather than industries that are only concerned with marketing numbers. More importantly, FANS can now decide what to love on their own.
- Be a part of discovering independence and true recording freedom.
- The CDG has already released 13 critically acclaimed recordings for the Recording Industry; this one will define a new standard. This one is for you.
- The creative process is nearly finished, and will be professionally engineered with old-school techniques, funded in a new way.
Risks & Challenges
Although the CDG has already released 13 albums, this is a new adventure. We’ve handled different pieces of each release on our own, but never the whole enchilada. But we’re not afraid! For 30 years the CDG has toured independently, rarely contracted with a “big name.” The CDG has done it all, from transportation, load-in, sound checks, load-outs, and maintaining our own gear. And we get it done because of our love for you dedicated fans around the world.
- After 30 years in the industry, Chris Duarte knows how to keep a band going and knows how to complete a project.
- There will be challenges. Nothing ever goes as planned, but Chris Duarte has built a huge network of fellow musicians, producers, venue owners and fans who have always helped him overcome every obstacle he’s faced before. We are undaunted.
Other Ways You Can Help
Chris Duarte certainly understands if you can’t help with a financial investment. Times are tough all over, and musicians everywhere know the pinch of economic challenges and uncertainty. Here’s what you can do in lieu of money:
- Spread the word! Share this campaign on your own social media accounts, talk with friends about this new project Chris Duarte is doing for his fans.
- When the album comes out, give it a listen! If you enjoy it, tell your local stations and media outlets about it.
- Word of mouth is a powerful thing. Chris Duarte is honored every time he gets a personal endorsement from his fans. After all, that’s YOUR reputation you speak from.
- Please don’t consider this as a donation. I believe it’s your investment in return for a body of work just for you, the greatest fans in the world. In reality, my commission for my work will be coming from you. No one else.
- This is a new opportunity for me to create something without the traditional Record Industry boundaries, and you will be the ones who make it possible.
- I will never stop appreciating all your love and support – all my energy comes from that, and I can’t wait for you to see and hear this new material. I will continue to proclaim that I have the greats fans in the world. You! ROCK ON!