iCrowdNewswire - Jan 12, 2016
The underlying loan is secured by a first position trust deed and is projected to generate monthly interest payment equal to 9.0% annualized. The borrower is an experienced real estate investor and has completed over 60 acquisitions since the beginning of 2014 and has over $5M in assets under management.
- The investment is in securities related to a first position trust deed secured by a 5-unit multifamily property located in Milwaukee, WI.
- Investors are projected to receive monthly interest payments equal to a 9.0% annualized return.
- Regardless of whether the loan is paid back early, investors will at a minimum receive 3 months of interest payments.
- The borrower is active in buying and rehabbing residential properties in the Milwaukee market and has completed over 60 transactions since 2014 and currently manages over $5M in residential rentals. To view a copy of the borrower’s portfolio please click here.
- RealtyShares has reviewed the borrower’s financials and credit history and has confirmed that the borrower has a 730+ credit score and will be personally guaranteeing the loan.
- The primary objective of this investment is to acquire, stabilize and sell or refinance the property in order to repay the RS Lending, Inc. loan.
- The loan is 60% of the After-Repaired Value of the property. Click here to see the BPO for the property.
- The underlying loan is secured by a first position trust deed against the property.
- The borrower has purchased and renovated over 60 properties in the Milwaukee area.
- The property is currently 60% occupied, generating positive cash flow during the renovation and lease-up of the vacant units.
- The borrower will be assessed customary late fees as well as default interest if the loan is not paid at maturity.
- A Lender’s Title Insurance Policy is to be obtained at closing naming RS Lending, Inc. as the insured and property insurance will name RS Lending, Inc., as loss payee.
The property is located in the Wilson Park neighborhood of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Below are a few location highlights:
- Wilson Park is located just 7 miles south of downtown Milwaukee, along the I-43 corridor. I-43 provides direct access to downtown Milwaukee and access to I-94.
- According to the American Community Survey Selected Housing Characteristics, the vacancy rate for rentals in the 53221 zip code is 3.9%, which is in line with Milwaukee County
- According to the 2014 American Community Survey, the median household income for the 53221 zip code is $47,109 compared to $43,385 for Milwaukee County.
- Trivia: The Allen Bradley Clock Tower is one of Milwaukee’s most recognizable landmarks. The Guinness Book of World Records lists the Allen Bradley Clock as the largest four-faced clock in the world. It is actually four separate clocks, each with an octagonal face nearly twice the size of the clocks on London’s Big Ben Tower.
- Forward-Looking Statements: Investors should not rely on any forward-looking statements made regarding this opportunity, because such statements are inherently uncertain and involve risks. We use words such as “anticipated”, “projected”, “forecasted”, “estimated”, “prospective”, “believes”, “expects”, “plans”, “future”, “intends”, “should”, “can”, “could”, “might”, “potential”, “continue”, “may”, “will”, and similar expressions to identify these forward-looking statements.
- Market Risk: Investments related to mortgages/deeds of trust secured by real estate are subject to market valuation risks that may be caused by changing economic and local market conditions. The property underlying the corresponding borrower loan is expected to have reasonably acceptable loan-to-value ratios and to meet certain other valuation criteria, but estimated values made when the loan is originated may not fully represent current market values, and subsequent market values will in particular be affected by changing economic or local market conditions. Such conditions are beyond the control of RealtyShares and of the corresponding borrower on this loan. Such conditions may change due to factors such as local real estate market conditions, prevailing interest rates, the rate of unemployment, the level of consumer confidence, the value of the U.S. dollar, energy prices, changes in consumer spending, the number of personal bankruptcies, disruptions in the credit markets and other factors.
- Credit Risk: The borrower loan is being made with respect to a property that is in need of repairs, a situation that does not generally meet the financing criteria for conventional mortgages from institutional sources. Credit risk is inherent in the mortgage lending industry, and there can be no assurance that the credit worthiness of the borrower will be sufficient to assure the full repayment of the underlying borrower loan.
- Insurance Risk: The borrower will maintain insurance of the kind that is customarily obtained for similar properties, but is not expected to carry certain disaster-type insurance (covering events of a catastrophic nature, such as earthquakes). In the event that an uninsured disaster should occur to the real property underlying the corresponding borrower loan, or in the event a borrower does not maintain the required insurance and a loss occurs, RealtyShares could experience difficulty recovering the principal amount of the corresponding borrower loan and any interest due thereon.
- Please Note: This is not an exhaustive list of the risks associated with this investment.