- Nina Foxx is an NAACP Image Award Nominated Writer, Award winning Filmmaker and Playwright. She has authored over 15 works. Just Short of Crazy is her second play and is based on the book of the same name, published by HarperCollins Publishers.
- This campaign will help us pay the actors a competitive wage and obtain set pieces.
What We Need & What You Get
- To reach our goal, we need to raise $5000.
- We have levels of support ranging from $10, to one Presenting Sponsor of $5000.
- The IndieGoGo Flexible Program allows us to receive the funds even if we do not reach out goal. Describe where the funds go if you don’t reach your entire goal.
We often complain about the lack of positive images of people of color and women in the media. Supporting our campaign will help us realize the dream of driving and controlling how we are portrayed on stage and screen and what stories we want to tell.
- We will be able to successfully employ actors from the community, as well as provide several opportunities for young people interested in the arts to attend and be involved in a professional theater production, where they can learn skills that translate to business well, no matter what their field.
- Nina Foxx attended the Commercial Theater Institute and leveraged community connections to successfully present her first play, Marrying up to full theaters.
Risks & Challenges
- In order to attract quality talent and guarantee a good show, we need to pay the actors a competitive wage.
- Our IndieGoGo campaign will help us fill that gap.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Spread the word via social media and word of mouth.
- Use the Indiegogo share tools and post our campaign on your social media pages.