Millbrook Quarry is now under new management and it is our desire to make the diving environment and activities more in tune with today’s diving community in the mid-Atlantic region. These funds will be used to replace existing structures with new more usable structures and entry points, road repairs and improvements are also planned. New attractions and improvements in training facilities will be added or updated.
Millbrook Quarry will also be the regions most environmentally progressive SCUBA diving destination with these improvements planned for this winter/spring season:
- improved drainage control to limit direct runoff into the lake
- water filtration using a gravity filtration system that will also act as a warming method to help lower the thermocline, and employing bio-media techniques used in aquaculturing systems, by early summer
- grasses will be planted and gravel added to make the ingress/egress points safer for divers
- restroom facilities will be added to make it more convenient for divers
- more access to the lake on more days and weekends including this winter
- camping will be available on select weekends.
- emergency services improvements to make the quarry safer for all users
Thank you for all of your support!