November 2015 saw the release of our second album ‘Ride of the Hoof’.
Download and listen to the album in full for free here: www.sergeantthunderhoof.co.uk
The album was completely self funded by the band and recorded in our home town of Bath (UK) at Stage 2 Studios with the very talented Ben Turner producing.
We were amazed by the feedback and positive reviews both online and in the UK press. We have lost count of the amount of people asking us for a vinyl release so we’ve decided to see if we can make this possible.
We have almost 60% of the money needed to get the album pressed on to vinyl. As many of you know, pressing vinyl isn’t cheap, especially when you have to do it on double vinyl! We were offered various deals with international labels, however they were not keen to release it as a double set purely down to the cost. We were asked to shorten or even leave out some songs to allow it to fit on a single record!
Needless to say, we were not prepared to do this. We have taken every effort to ensure this is the best sounding record possible. The good guys at Subsequent Mastering (UK) have re-mastered the entire album especially for vinyl.
Some more details about the proposed vinyl release:
- Full Colour Gatefold Sleeve with artwork by Sara-Jane Swettenham the way it was meant to be seen in glorious 12″ goodness.
- Limited Edition of 100 in Purple Heavyweight Vinyl!
- Standard edition comes in Heavyweight Black Vinyl.
- Exclusive Original Art Print commissioned specifically for the pledgers of this Kickstarter. The artwork will include the names of ALL the pledgers in the artwork! All signed by the band.
- Limited to 500 copies in total.
- Kickstarter Pledgers will get vinyl at least 2 weeks before anyone else, guaranteed.
Some press quotes for ‘Ride of the Hoof’:
- “Not a note missing or a tone too much. Sheer brilliance and absolutely stunning” – Stoner Hive
- “Huge guitars, explosive rhythms. One of the coolest sounds I’ve heard in a while” – More Fuzz
- “They’ve earned so many stripes they deserve to be promoted generals. Not to be missed” – Rock.Station
- “Dripping with doom adrenaline and the smell of grunge. In one word -Excellent!” – Phantasmagoria
- “One of the best releases of the year. No doubt” – Pit of the Damned
- “A truly stunning album. They have excelled themselves here” – Outlaws of The Sun
- “Incredible psychedelia-fused, grunge-y alternative rock band from the UK. Just great, great, great.” – Metal Nexus 2015 Top 25
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask :)