Why Bean Dip?
It’s a question I get a lot, but it came out of a love of beans and the lack of food made from beans that you could just go to the store and buy. If you’ve ever made anything with beans from scratch, you know they’re are not exactly a ‘grab-and-go’ food. Sure, you can open a can of ready-made beans, but if you’ve ever tasted the difference between food made from fresh cooked beans vs. beans from a can, you quickly realize there is no comparison. I LOVE making fresh bean dips at home and wanted to find a way to bring the taste of my bean dips with the fresh taste of cooked beans, fresh herbs and veggies to the market. I was shocked to find the quality of other so called ‘bean dips’ on the market. Most of them were a lumpy mosh of canned beans, vinegar, tomato paste and citric acid. So, with the help of some food experts I found a way to make a shelf stable version of my home recipes that taste as good as the real thing. The difference is in the ingredients…fresh cooked beans, fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice, fresh veggies and fresh herbs. They are like nothing else you have ever tried and we hope you’ll support our campaign and get a chance to taste why.
YumElish SkinEdip Gourmet Bean Dips are a creamy blend of fresh cooked beans, roasted garlic, extra virgin olive oil and the freshest vegetables, herbs and spices. Other bean dips are made with canned beans, vinegar and tomato paste. At YumElish, we start with fresh dry beans we kettle cook ourselves, and add fresh lemon or lime juice (not from concentrate), fresh roasted garlic and fresh herbs and vegetables that make each distinctive flavor. The end result taste like no other bean dip you’ve ever tasted — each is truly delicious! YumElish SkinEdips are delicious as dips for chips, paired with fresh bread or veggies, as a sandwich or burrito spread, as a condiment for meat, fish,or chicken and so much more! The Black Bean and Tomato Basil varieties can also be served as soups– just stir in 1 part water to 2 parts dip and serve hot or cold!
- All of our dips are shelf stable
- YumElish SkinEdips are low in fat and have reduced salt
- YumElish SkinEdips Have no added sugar
- YumElish SkinEdips contain no chemical preservatives
- YumElish SkinEdips are vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free
- YumElish SkinEdips are an excellent source of protein and fiber
- YumElish SkinEdips contain no GMO’s
YumElish is a family run business committed to making healthy food from real ingredients.
YumElish Black Bean and Jalapeno SkinEdip Gourmet Bean Dip is a spicy blend of black beans, fresh jalapenos, roasted garlic and spices.
- Awesome with chips
- Great on burritos
- Makes a spicy sandwich spread
- Perfect with fresh or grilled veggies
- Serve with chicken, pork, lamb, beef
- Blend with water and heat for awesome black bean soup!
- An essential for your next tailgate party or BBQ!
YumElish Tomato and Basil SkinEdip Gourmet Bean Dip is a YumE blend of white beans fresh plum tomatoes, fresh basil, roasted garlic and spices. The taste of the tomato and basil shine through with a hint of spice making it unlike any other bean dip you have ever tasted. If you love pesto sauce but not all the added oil, you will love our Tomato and Basil SkinEdip. With only 60 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving , feel free to indulge in the creamy flavors.
- Amazing on crostini with toasted French bread
- Makes a great sandwich spread
- Perfect with fresh or grilled veggies
- Serve with chicken or fish Serve as a healthier pasta sauce
- Blend with chilled water for awesome cold soup–like gazpacho but better!
- Make a great gift..a healthy alternative to bringing a bottle of wine.
YumElish Rosemary and Garlic SkinEdip Gourmet Bean Dip is a creamy blend of white beans, fresh rosemary and roasted garlic. If you like garlic dips but hate all the oil, this is a super-healthy alternative.With only 1 grams of fat per serving this is a guilt-free alternative to oil based spreads. Serve it on fresh bread, with a crudite, on grilled vegetables, fish or chicken. You can even warm it up for a fondue-like dip (without the cheese).
- Great with fresh bread Great for dipping breadsticks
- Serve with burritos
- Makes a great, garlic-y sandwich spread
- Serve on fresh or grilled veggies
- Low in fat and no added sugar
- Heat in a fondue put (with a little water) for a healthy alternative to fondue–tastes great heated with fresh bread or veggie.
YumElish Kalamata Olive SkinEdip Gourmet Bean Dip is a YumE blend of white beans and Kalamata Olives with roasted garlic and a little spice. If you are an olive lover, this is the dip for you. The creaminess of beans and olives make an incredible dip. Plus, unlike tapenade our Kalamata Olive SkinEdip only has 3 grams of fat per serving and 70 calories.
- Truly delicious with pita bread
- Serve with a cheese plate, crackers and fruit.
- Makes an awesome sandwich spread
- Make a truly great housewarming gift.
Turn YumElish Black Bean and Jalapeno SkinEdip into creamy black bean soup…just add water, stir, heat and enjoy!
Every little bit helps. Please support our campaign, even if you can only spare a dollar, it gets your name on our wall.
Thank you for letting us share our story, for watching our videos, and for your support. Peace and Love, YumElish
Extra Special thanks:
Michal Trazsky – Videographer
Duc Nguyen – Still Photography
Own own fabulous Kirsten – Video Editing
Michael Adams – Advisor
Nelson Dewitt – Advisor
Greg Mallozzi – Staff Support, heavy lifting, man-of-all-skills
Music – Bensound.com