We are looking to remove the barriers to entry for people looking to book a space for their favourite sport.
OpenPlay is a website (and soon mobile app) with an average 80,000 monthly visitors which removes the hassle of finding and booking local sports facilities and activities whilst connecting people together around their sports interests.
We have already validated the idea with our first contract with Brent council, 18,000 registered users and month on month growth.
Not only that but OpenPlay can transform the way a sports body or local authority fills under-utilised facilities, or a football team looking for more players.
Our current revenue streams are via a paid subscription, and commission on bookings, through the supply of an online booking and customer management system. This targets facilities and activity providers in the UK, as there are more than 90,000 venues, parks, community sites, leisure centers and open spaces.
The USPs of OpenPlay are that it is multi-sport, local and social.
We have achieved the following via a grant from the Ordnance Survey.
– Online booking system developed and tested for (40+) venues
– Piloted an activity finder and integrated booking system
– Piloted OpenPlay Connect which brings together players with others in their area
Traction (via bootstrapping)
– Aggregated and listed over 2,000 sports venues across London and elsewhere
– Over 100,000 bookings to date
– Over 80,000 visitors in July 2015
– Over 18,000 registered users
– Signed up our first university partner (Kings College London)
– First local authority contract with Brent Council in London
– Ordnance Survey – we won their 2014 Geovation competition (£21,000 grant)