West My Friendraiser – Album #3
West My Friend is an indie-roots band based out Victoria, BC. We formed in 2009 and since then we’ve performed extensively in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We’ve previously released two albums that have garnered multiple award nominations, including a nomination in the “Pushing the Boundaries” category in the Canadian Folk Music awards for our last album “When The Ink Dries.”
We’re now looking forward to our third album, which will be recorded this January on Mayne Island with the extraordinary producer David Travers-Smith. Recording an album can be an expensive endeavour, but it’s also a major way to put money back into the local arts economy. Our estimated budget has our money going towards:
- $16,000 production costs (David Travers-Smith – Toronto)
- $1,600 pre-production and arranging costs (Adrian Dolan– Vancouver)
- $3,000 studio rental/accommodation (Fiddlehead Studio – Mayne Island)
- $3,000 publicity (Heather Kitching – Ontario)
- $600 visual art for the album (Sarah Clement – Vancouver)
- $600 a local designer for the album
- $2,500 album manufacturing
- $1,000 additional local musicians for some extra special tracks
- $2,000 miscellaneous (airfare, ferries, food, mic rentals…)
Estimated Total: $30,300
We need your help to make this album a reality! You can help out by contributing to our campaign and receiving one of the many perks listed. You can get pre-orders of the album, sheet music, a West-My-Gram, a concert, and much more! If claimed by December 6th, you can also get a West My Friend merch package with a baked treat delivered to a friend as a holiday gift!
You can also help out by getting the word out and making some noise for our campaign. Use twitter, facebook, your e-mail lists, snail mail, and face-to-face sharing to let people know!