x

RSS Newsfeeds

See all RSS Newsfeeds

Nov 19, 2015 4:07 EST

MIDDLESEX CHARITY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

iCrowdNewswire - Nov 19, 2015

MIDDLESEX CHARITY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

Derek's Photo

 

THE STORY:

This year’s Middlesex Charity Basketball Tournament will hopefully be the first of an annual tradition. The event will consist of an indoor day-long basketball tournament for men ages 18+. The concept of the tournament is for each team to choose a charity they are passionate about. 25% of all entry fees as well as all outside donations will go towards each team’s charity of choice. The remaining 75% of entry fees as well as all money generated on tournament day will go towards the winning team’s charity. It is a great opportunity to play the game you love, show your competitive spirit, and help raise money for those who need it. There is a fee of $75 per person to enter the tournament, as this will be the main revenue generator for the event.

THE WHO: Anyone ages 18+ can enter into this tournament. Whether it is the love for basketball, or the drive of a particular charity that is driving you, both are welcome. The tournament will be hosted at the Burlington High School basketball courts, so be sure that you are local to this area or can make it on tournament day. The tournament will consist of 10 teams, with 5-10 players on each team.

THE WHAT:
BASKETBALL: This day-long indoor basketball tournament will be something to remember. The games will be 30 minutes, with two 15 minute running-time halves. The tournament will be DOUBLE elimination. All teams will receive jerseys to wear during the tournament, and keep as a commemorative item.
CHARITY: Each team will play on behalf of a charity of their choice (more than one team can choose the same charity). This can be a nationally recognized charity such as the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, or it could be a local charity to support a friend or family memeber.

MISCELLANEOUS:
There will be concessions, a raffle, and music playing for the enjoyment of both spectators and players. Prizes will be given to the winning team as well.

THE WHERE:
Burlington High School Gymnasium

123 Cambridge St.

Burlington, MA 01803

THE WHEN:
Saturday November 21, 2015

THE WHY:
The goal of this event is to combine the love for the game of basketball with the opportunity to help others. The concept of choosing your own charity should add another level of passion that isn’t seen in your typical charity tournament.

Contact Information:

Derek DeAntonis

View Related News >
support