RENOVATIONS FOR OUR SCHOOL!!
The “We are One – Education Project ” Our education project focuses on schools in impoverished communities that have little to no funding. And helping them raise its performance abilities in the areas of literacy, staff proficiency, technology, and building conditions. In plain terms… we just want to help the school succeed!
Our School! : Ulster Spring Primary School is nestled in the farming community of Southern Trelawny, Jamaica. The school is home to 250 students and is facing many challenges this upcoming school year. The school is lacking basic needs to function at a proper level. Many of the students are being held back and are unable to pass to the next grade level due to a poor learning environment. The already over crowded school will gain 50 new students from a neighboring school that has closed due to lack of funding. The schools infrastructure is in hazardous condition, and is in dire need of safety repairs. They have been forced to store computers, which are also outdated, on the floor of the library (which also doubles as a sickbay). Both students and teachers are in need of proper school supplies and learning materials.These are some of the many problems that need immediate attention.
What we need!
- New classroom supplies for each teacher
- PE equipment and games for the children
- Plant a vegetable and fruit garden
- New Library and Computer lab (renovations)
Here’s how you can help!
- Donate Funds!
- SPREAD THE WORD! Share this campaign on social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Don’t forget to tag @asonecharity and #weareonejamaica
- Volunteer! – email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about volunteer opportunitues in Jamaica
We appreciate your support in shaping the future of our children!