Highlander Brew Co.
- Location (North) – Brewery is located near excellent sources of good water. The residents of Northern Ontario are very loyal and supportive and help to promote the product as a local product. The village is providing a new brewery building at a very reasonable rent. In general cost of doing business there is less because of support. There is a positive Marketing advantage being associated with Algonquin park a known destination.
- Dynamic low cost labour force – Highlander will operate an extensive apprentice program that will provide 6 dynamic and engaged people as the main labour force for the brewery.
- Northern Financial Support – Capital funding for the new building as well as a portion of the equipment being provided by Provincial and federal government.
- Brewing Experience – HBC has been making beer with the same brewer for the last 5 years. Beers are well received in the market place.Another brewer graduate of Niagara College has been engaged as a backup.
- Location (South) – Manager of the Southern brewery complex has been producing beer for over 10 years and distributes throughout GTA. Brew personnel know the business well.
Highlander Brew Co. is located in South River, Ontario, in the Almaguin Highlands from which Highlander takes its name. The brewery is on the Northern edge of Algonquin Park, making Highlander one of the most northerly craft breweries in Ontario.
Highlander began operations in 2009 when Brewmaster Brian Wilson made the brewery’s first beer, a traditional Scottish Ale. Using four varieties each of malt and hops, and cracking barley on site to ensure freshness, Highlander was soon a favourite of the region.
Currently, Highlander beers can be purchased in close to two hundred LCBO stores, select GTA Beer Stores and many restaurants throughout Ontario.