SANTA CRUZ BAKEWARE TAKES A FRESH APPROACH TO HOUSEHOLD CANNABIS STORAGE WITH CROWDFUNDING LAUNCH
GreenskeeperTM, the first-ever container system to provide airtight storage, humidity control and UV protection for up to five strains of marijuana, is now available for backing on Indiegogo, the largest global crowdfunding site.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SANTA CRUZ, CALIFORNIA—Santa Cruz Bakeware™ announces launch of the Greenskeeper project on Indiegogo, ending the home storage nightmare for medical and recreational cannabis consumers.
“Effective storage options remain surprisingly limited given the growth in medical and recreational use,” says Michael Jessup, co-founder of Santa Cruz Bakeware.
“To extend the freshness and potency of marijuana, smart storage is crucial. What you see on the market, though, are a lot of repurposed products originally developed for storing food or tobacco,” he continues.
Greenskeeper is a first-of-its-kind home container designed specifically for storing marijuana that is attractive, intuitive and effective.
The necessity for storing cannabis properly is well documented. According to the Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, in an article titled: The stability of cannabis and its preparations on storage, “Exposure to light was shown to be the greatest single factor in loss of cannabinoids…followed by air oxidation.”
The essentials of proper storage are echoed on popular websites, such as Leafly.com.
The estimated retail price of Greenskeeper is $60 USD. Discounted pricing is available to early backers. With successful funding, shipments begin next spring.
Limited editions, t-shirts and other perks are available on the project page at www.igg.me/at/Greenskeeper.
More information available at www.santacruzbakeware.com
- Greenskeeper stores up to five strains of marijuana in an airtight, humidity controlled and UV light protected environment.
- The core of the system is a set of individual storage bottles that nestle within a sealable container and cover.
- The translucent cover twists to lock while providing an air-tight seal and protection from harmful UV light.
- The removable base secures replaceable humidity packs or beads.
- Controlled moisture flows within the entire system when sealed, keeping cannabis fresh.
- Consumers can choose a three-bottle model, with each bottle holding 4-6 grams of plant material, or a five-bottle model where each bottle holds 1-2 grams.
- When configured without bottles, the container is large enough to hold edibles and other forms of cannabis.
- Each component of Greenskeeper is made from material that is FDA approved for food storage, BPA free and dishwasher safe.
- Greenskeeper is patent pending.
SANTA CRUZ BAKEWARE
Santa Cruz Bakeware is a beachside startup that aims to revolutionize cannabis accessories with contemporary design, functional benefits and tasteful branding. Santa Cruz Bakeware was established in 2014 in Santa Cruz, California, by three former gaming industry colleagues. www.santacruzbakeware.com