GOATMEAL – the Grain-free Breakfast Cereal
My name is Neil Hatherall. I am the founder of Goatmeal Breakfast Cereal. Please! Have a seat! I’d like to tell you a little bit about how Goatmeal came to be.
About 15 years ago I began suffering from health issues that gradually worsened as I got older. These issues included allergic reactions, food sensitivities, digestive disorders, stomach pains and cramps, heart palpitations, anxiety, and even depression.
I believed at the time that these were all symptoms of a serious underlying health problem. So being young, naive, and scared, I thought I was dying . . .
After many unsuccessful trips to the doctor, I took matters into my own hands and eventually started putting two and two together.
Fast-forward to the present day – I’ve spent the last 6 years researching health and nutrition while using my own body as a test subject. And I’m extremely happy to say that I’ve finally figured out the major cause of all of these unexplained symptoms . . .
Since predominantly cutting these three things out of my diet, I now rarely experience any of the health issues I used to!
Now I feel amazing!
So why the tear jerking story?
Well, I’m an entrepreneur at heart. And earlier this year I decided that I wanted to create a food product that essentially encompassed my journey through health and nutrition.
And so Goatmeal began . . .
Goatmeal Superfood Breakfast Cereal is best described as a grain-free porridge. Unlike regular porridge (oatmeal), Goatmeal does not need to be cooked; It can be prepared quickly and easily by simply adding hot or cold milk or water then left to rest for as little as 3 minutes. That’s right! You can eat it hot, or cold!
Although Goatmeal is a breakfast cereal, it is very versatile. It can also be added to other cereals, smoothies, yogurt, baking recipes, sprinkled on top of food such as salads and ice-cream, and it can even be eaten raw out of the package as a healthy snack.
Goatmeal is formulated to help the amazing human body function as it should!
It’s also perfectly suited for the following common diets:
- Gluten-Free — For celiacs, those who are sensitive to gluten, or people that simply want to cut it out for other reasons.
- Grain-Free — For people who believe eating grains is actually putting us at a higher risk of disease.
- Organic — A diet free of synthetic additives like pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and dyes, and foods not processed using industrial solvents, irradiation, or genetic engineering.
- Non-GMO — GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organism. This diet is for those who do not eat genetically modified foods.
- Paleo — A diet based on types of food presumed to have been eaten by early humans including meat, vegetables and fruit, excluding dairy, grains, and processed foods.
- Low-Carb / Low Sugar — For those following the Atkins diet and other low-carbohydrate diets. There is no added sugar or sweetener in Goatmeal.
- Diabetic — For those with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Vegan / Vegetarian — For animal-friendly eaters. Goatmeal does not contain any animal bi-products (not even goats).
- Lactose-Intolerant — For those with an intolerance to dairy products. Goatmeal is lactose-free.
- Low Sodium — For people trying to decrease their salt intake for medical reasons such as high blood pressure. There is no added salt in Goatmeal.
So why Goatmeal and not other cereals?
Most cereals on the market today are made of grains (wheat, oats, corn, rice, etc..), making them very processed, high in carbohydrates and sugar, and low in most of everything else. (To learn more about the negative effects of grains on your health, be sure to check chapter #7 on this page)
What IS in Goatmeal?
Goatmeal is made of 100% organic ingredients! We have experimented with countless recipes to find the most nutritious and best tasting base-mixture of some of the following super-foods:
We’ve been demonstrating and selling Goatmeal for almost 4 months at local farmer’s markets.
Faster than we had ever expected, we’ve received a great community response, built a solid customer base, established amazing business connections, and realized we really do have something special here.
We now have the opportunity to work with a distribution company and get our products on many grocery store shelves.
Nows our chance to turn Goatmeal into a legitimate food manufacturing company.
That means we need to:
- Abide by packaging and labeling laws and regulations
- Rent bigger, more functional commercial kitchen space and storage
- Manufacture large amounts of inventory to fill store orders
- Purchase better equipment to manufacture our product faster
- Buy new shoes (optional)
We believe crowdfunding is a revolutionary way to raise money. Here’s why:
- It is a great way to build a network of like minded people that can all easily contribute smaller amounts to together make something big happen.
- It makes bringing a creative idea to life easier for anyone to do – rather than traditional financing options such as:
- High-interest bank loans — which aren’t easy for everyone to be approved for nor are they easy to pay back. Plus you’re just helping banks, which already have boatloads of money, make more money.
- Investors — which you need to give up a percentage of equity in exchange for the funds.
- Government grants — which are very difficult to get, they take a long time to actually receive funds, and not everyone is eligible.
We are extremely grateful to live in a time where crowdfunding is an option.
This money will be put towards:
If you are unfamiliar with the packaging laws – in a nutshell – foods labelled as being “Organic” must be “Certified Organic”. This process to be certified is lengthy, and expensive. Although all our ingredients are certified organic, we need the certify our product as a whole to legally label it as organic.
Annoying Legal Fees
- Business License and registration
- Liability Insurance
We are designing a new and improved brand and package for our product. It will be mind blowing needless-to-say.
We will also be experimenting and releasing a new unique flavour to add more variety.
We have found a supplier that has a very large minimum order size for all of our ingredients. This means we will be able to get our ingredients much cheaper and that will impact the overall price of our products. This also means we need a lot more money to invest. (Hint: the minimum order lbs weight is in the triple digits)
We also are going to need a lot more inventory to fill our first orders.
To start manufacturing large quantities we need to make our process as fast and efficient as possible. This will require:
- Better Equipment
- Commercial kitchen and storage space rentals
It takes a lot of work promoting a new food product – Especially since there is so many food products out there to compete with. Although our product is quite unique and has a great brand, it will still take some funds to put towards things such as:
- Trade shows
- Brand Ambassadors
We need your support! Join us and contribute!
Also, Share these pages!
In conclusion, we hope you’ve enjoyed everything you’ve watched, seen, read, heard and smelled about Goatmeal.
Obviously, we’ve have taken a different approach to healthy eating by being playful and adding humour. But in all seriousness, we are extremely grateful for every accomplishment we’ve made and every single person whom has helped us get there.
This business has gone farther, faster than we ever thought it could. It is so heart warming to have experienced such a strong level of local support within our community. It would be a dream come true to have anything close to this much support from our audience as we continue to grow.
From the bottom of our hearts,
– Neil and team