It’s literally an idea born into cyberspace that pops into reality just before it’s sent to you by snail mail. (pledging and sharing is like health food! – helps ideas grow up strong 🙂
It all started when I saw a vintage rubber band gun made using 19th century tools. I wondered, how the same idea would look in today’s world of 21st century technology?
And so, it started with a stick… and after many handcrafted keyboard strokes and 27 prototypes later, the Loom Launcher was born: a rubber band launcher designed for the 21st century. You can even 3D print it yourself and have it materialize before your very eyes.
Not just fancy:. we’re stretching Rainbow Loom® bands to the max, with a Pallet Anchor trigger mechanism, a type of ratchet use in mechanical clocks. What makes this design unique is all the parts are printed in one go with a laser powered 3D printer, and the energy needed to make the mechanism work comes from the elastic bands you load into the launcher. I think it’s amazing! I’ve worked with many mechanisms (even patented a few) and have never seen anything like this before, so I want to share it with everyone.
- Distinctive designs and rewards exclusive to Kickstarter
- Load and shoot up to 12 mini rubber bands
- Semi-automatic, self-priming trigger
- High quality durable 3D printed nylon*
- Unique all-in-one additive toy.
Reward dependent features:
- Range extender
- Laser sight
- Internal storage
- Display stand.
We have 6 rewards designed and ready to go. They’ve been tried and tested, so lock and load! I’ll add stretch goals as we go and design and unlock new rewards. Let me know what you think would make a cool Loom Launcher or accessory. This is Production on Demand, so I want your suggestions for design themes. So please pledge and send ideas my way … let’s have some fun and invent some new rewards!
With a little responsibility and common sense, you can do whatever you want with your Loom Launcher. Just in case that needs clarification, you’d better take note of the *Warnings* below.
- Load the Loom Launcher and use as instructed in the “How to use” leaflet.
- Obey the laws regarding toy guns in your jurisdiction!
- For your own safety, never hold and point a toy gun in public.
- Rubber bands are a choking hazard.
- Don’t shoot at people or animals (including pets).
- Don’t put elastic bands in the eyes, ears, nose or mouth of people, or animals (including pets).
- Don’t stretch the elastic bands over body parts of people or animals (including pets).
- Keep out of the reach of people (including small children) or animals (especially pets) who may not understand the above warnings.
JDi Design Inc., its employees, contractors and suppliers are not responsible or liable for misuse of Loom Launcher.
Amazing ideas like this don’t just materialise on their own. There is a lot of collaboration, input and support from many people. I can’t thank you all enough for your help and support….so THANK YOU!
With special thanks and recognition:
Kickstarter – for kicking off this crowd funding revolution.
Anubis 3D for partnering on the initial production run.
Perry Chua for your brand direction and design feedback.
Lena Umezawa (Schoolhousedoodles) for some cute drawings, love and support.
Shapeways for prototyping assistance.
Bethany, Jon & their cat Whizzard.
Countless Youtubers for sharing their knowledge.