Homestead Air Reserve Park (HARP) Discgolf Course
My project is to install a fun yet challenging discgolf course on the HARP grounds. I see this as a way to help a growing community to have more outdoor and inexpensive options in recreation. This is an important option for the area because there really are very few options for children or adults to go out of there homes and enjoy playing a game, without paying for membership or having to be part of a gated community. This idea allows access to free fun and healthy living while strengthening the bonds of community.
- Meet with Parks Department to establish limits
- Go to the site and map out the course
- Contact vendors and order materials
- establish volunteers contact list
- Contact any contractors and set a schedule for services
- Schedule dates for installations with available volunteers
- Install cement pads
- install posts
- install anchors
- Organize and deploy media campaign (web, flyers, banners, etc.)
- Establish Official DiscGolf Club for park and community support
- Organize grand opening event.
- Day of Grand Opening, Install baskets before event begins.
why we’re doing it
Homestead Air Reserve Park is a large piece of land that is not being used or promoted to the community. I want the community to open it’s eyes and see that they CAN go to the park and DO something. They CAN leave thier screens behind and get into something more engaging, and it doesn’t have to be difficult.