PRODUCT(S) AND/OR SERVICE(S)
BoroughBox is aiming to become the UK’s leading artisan & fine foods curator. With a pedigree of outstanding corporate gifting in the City of London & South East from their inaugural 2014 season, a rapidly growing client list, and a new powerful online marketplace to support consumer sales – BoroughBox are actively seeking investment to grow their product range and continue strong sales to the country’s expanding, discerning foodie customer base. Our founder, a passionate foodie and active trader at the world famous Borough Market, began with unique BoroughBox gifts and an ethos of ‘bringing the market to your door’. This ethos has expanded to include a growing online marketplace of artisan & fine food producers selling directly from within the BoroughBox framework.
BoroughBox set out in 2014 with a simple mission, to ‘bring the market to your door’. Many people visit specialist food markets across the country each week with a desire to shop or source locally, or find genuine quality rarely offered by the supermarkets. We began by creating our own BoroughBox range of gift products, taking some of the best items from Borough Market and focusing on the local area (London). With our founder coming from a food background we always intended to solve a bigger issue for producers across the country by meticulously building the equivalent of a great market, online. BoroughBox.com is a growing website & brand, synonymous with artisan and fine foods. Lots of sellers have already joined and customers can now find the very best from the foodie market, in a single destination with a single checkout.
SUBSTANTIAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO DATE
– Achieved sales of over £100,000 in the first year of trading.
– September 2014: BoroughBox feature at the Square Meal & Events show and have a very positive response with more than 660 subscribers requesting further information and giving their details.
– November 2014: Signed a deal with BSH (Bosch, Siemens, Hausgeräte GmbH) for a Consumer Reward Hamper redeemable post purchase of selected NEFF slide-and-hide ovens.
– December 2014: Secured and successfully delivered multiple Corporate Gifting solutions. Clients included Affiliate Window, HarperCollins Publishers, Howard Kennedy Law Firm and The DRUM. Also began limited consumer marketplace promotion.
– March 2015: Signed a deal to become exclusive corporate hamper provider with Global PA Network.
– March 2015: Soft launched the new Online Marketplace on a powerful Magento platform.
– May 2015: Awarded our trademarks.
USE OF PROCEEDS
We plan to use the proceeds as follow:
– Computer Equipment: 5%
– Marketing & Advertising: 20%
– Office & Warehouse Expenses: 15%
– New Staff & Remuneration: 50%
– Reserve Cashflow for Procurement & Packaging: 10%