To provide an easily accessible, comprehensive method for students to utilize already existing resources at Richard Montgomery High School.
• Calendar of upcoming school events and extracurriculars offered
• Page of links to assistance hotlines for students struggling with any severe issue where they might possibly need to contact a 24-hour service. (Suicide prevention, LGBTQA, etc.)
• Calendar that can be accessed and added to by teachers in which they can list possible SSL or CAS opportunities for students.
• Page through which students can fill out a form to request tutoring and send it to the e-mail of the head of the honor society their need correlates to.
• Page that provides a form that can be submitted to security e-mail. (Security tip line)
• ***Page that allows students to anonymously contact school counselors. (design and structure of this feature is by no means concrete and input and suggestions by development company/service would be essential to determining the most effective method to construct a usable interface with this capability)
Background for this Project:
The design of this project is an original concept by Jessica Vos, geared towards marginalized students in public schools it is designed to allow for students finding impediments to their academic success to reach out for help or assistance from professionals and existing school-provided resources. Asking for help can be hard, especially for adolescents, and this app is designed to make the process of doing such as painless as possible so struggling students get help before they are in a compromising position in terms of their academics or mental health. There is a definite discrepancy between the students in need of help and those who actually reach out for/receive assistance and the intention of this project is to close that gap.
This Kickstarter is to help us raise the funds necessary to pay for the develoment of this dual platform app. Extra money from the kickstarter will go to figuring out methods to tailor and implement this idea at interested public schools and pay for the tailoring of the app structure to those schools.