A startup based in Hawaii, Elevate is bringing the world innovative, off the grid, and sustainable spaces that are very practical and yet aesthetically pleasing. Our structures allow optimal space utilization, while addressing pressing global issues: depletion of water, need for renewable energy, and excess CO2 emission. The simplicity of the design allows for limitless ways it can be used from residential, commercial to governmental.
While our units have two main focuses (commercial and residential), our versatile spaces can be transformed into anything you wish. The distinguishing quality of our spaces is its drive-thru aspect. But you can also create a trendy café/bar, an industrial office space, a unique yoga or crossfit classroom, or even a drive-thru bakery. You are only limited by your imagination.
THE NEED IN COMMERCIAL
- Urban Growth: Continual growth in cities poses the challenge of scarcity of space for new development and environmental degradation.
- Environmental Degradation:Insufficient water availability, poor air and water quality, and high-energy consumption are exacerbated by the increasing population density and demands of urban environments.
- Businesses:The scarcity of commercial space, especially in prime locations, is a challenge that many businesses struggle to overcome.
- Consumers:People are leading increasingly hectic lives, propelling the need for convenience from drive-thrus .
THE NEED IN RESIDENTIAL
- The Tiny House Movement: The tiny house trend is on the rise with more people choosing to trade in space for simplicity. The appeal of a miniature home spans the ages.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit: Guest room/guest house, rental room/rental house, man cave/she space, office, any other needs.
Elevate offers harmony between the existing urban world and helping to care for the environment.
- Space Utilization: The design’s 40 sqft pedestal footprint, elevated at 8ft-12 ft., allows for optimal space utilization. Innovative foundation design provides maximum support to its main structure varying from 250sqft-400 sqft. There are three ways to access the structure itself: via stairs/ramps on the sides, through the foundation base, or an elevator lift inside the base.
- Water Retention System: Rainwater is harvested and stored in the structure, reducing storm water runoff to the oceans/streams. Stored water can be used for irrigation, or other practical use, reducing water usage.
- Off the Grid: Solar panels, incorporated on both the roof and between the living walls, and the new will be off the grid.
- Urban Vegetation: Living walls are used to create the suburban tree look as well as mitigate CO2, and provide cleaner air.
Our end goal is to help preserve the world’s most natural elements for our kids and future generations to come.
Follow our Kickstarter project, which will be launched on August 5th, 2015!