Adopt a Theatre
OperaExtravaganza is going to revive a historic theatre by bundling expertise and enthusiasm of musicians, music lovers, art historians, multimedia experts, architects and people who simply love Italian life and culture. The core of the project is classical music with a particular emphasis on opera.
Italy is the natural homeland of opera houses but its historic theatres are often forgotten. There are more than 800 of them, ranging from the oldest, the Olimpico of Vicenza, which dates back to 1585, to those of the early 1900 in Liberty style, from the smallest theatre in the world in Monte Castello di Vibio to La Scala in Milan. The vast majority are really small and masterpieces of architecture. It is very unfortunate that this incredible wealth of small historical theatres is lingering.OperaExtravaganza has designed a project to bring back to life some of these little gems with a programme of first class music. The initial choice regards teatro Francesco Torti of Bevagna.
Supporters of the project can be present at selection of the events worldwide through streaming!
This is our 2015 programme for the Torti theatre of Bevagna:
1. May 22nd – La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi
2. July 4th – Gala Gran salotto del Belcanto (in streaming)
3. September 12th – Piano recital with pianos of three eras (in streaming)
4. November 21st Intermezzo opera “La Dirindina” by Domenico Scarlatti
and The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi (in streaming)
5. New Years Eve with Operetta “Die Fledermaus” by Johann Strauss Jr.