Disruptive Outerwear Label- High Ethics & Tech
Brooklyn, NY vautecouture.com
- Status OPEN
- Target $320,000
$20,000 of the total raised reflects funds contributed by a family member. The first 10 VAUTE investors at $20K+ get 2 seats to our next New York Fashion Week show for Fall/Winter 2016, their name on the wall of the Manhattan Flagship Store, and a basket of Leanne’s favorite vegan eats, sent with so much love!
- Team Founder is Female “Gamechanger” in Conde Nast Campaign
- Performance $703K 2014 Sales, 58% Gross Margin, 5% Net Margin
- Customers Mostly direct to retail customer, international, cult following
- Investors Bootstrapped!, Production funded by Preorders
- Advisors 18 years as managing partner of investment holding company
Outerwear at the intersection of high ethics (vegan, organic, and recycled fibers, constructed in the USA), high-tech (innovative technical and performance textiles), and high design (we are the first all vegan label to show on the grid at New York Fashion Week).
Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart has been called the “Rebel of Fashion Week” (CNN) “breaking runway history”, “the Most Influential Designer” (PETA), and 1 of 40 Redefining Green (Grist.org). She spent her life savings and quit a Ford modeling contract & full ride MBA (DePaul University) to start VAUTE, as a personal mission for beautiful outerwear that was warm enough for a Chicago winter while setting a new standard of ethics for fashion. She’s the Fashion Expert at Alicia Silverstone’s theKindLife.com, and was named Conde Nast & Mazda 6’s female Gamechanger in 2013, opposite Bre Pettis (Makerbot). U.S. News & World Report said, “Hilgart is paving the way for future compassionate designers” and Leanne speaks worldwide on textile innovation, conscious capitalism, and social entrepreneurship.
- Revenue$703K 2014 Sales, 58% Gross Margin, 5% Net Margin
- Target $320,000
- Round Type Convertible Note
- Entity Type S-Corp