COLED Display Technology
A Game-Changing Display Technology
COLED… A Game Changing Technology
C.O.L.E.D. – Cavity Organic Light Emitting Diode, a game-changing display technology developed by CDTI (COLED Display Technology Inc.)…coming to a screen near you soon. COLED, a green technology, circumvents the drawbacks of OLED.
With this advanced, game-changing technology, consumers will have a much better alternative to existing display technologies such as LCD, OLED & AMOLED, by providing better displays with extended lifespans while conserving energy at the same time. With the simple structure of COLED technology, manufacturers will save a minimum of 30% to 35% on their manufacturing costs which will ultimately benefit consumers. With the increase of more than 60% in material cost during the past 2 years, fewer steps in the manufacturing process and less material intensity, COLED display technology provides higher profit margins for manufacturers.
An advanced display technology co-developed with SRI, a well-known, worldwide research institute, CDTI will commercialize this COLED technology for all flat panel display screens.
COLED is a novel device structure that improves light utilization efficiency. This display type is currently 4X more efficient than conventional OLED. In addition, COLED electrodes are 100 to 1000 times more conductive than conventional OLED. Lastly, it dissipates heat more effectively and is 100 times brighter than OLED.
Through this technology, we can provide technology licensing, technology development and technology transfer services to display manufacturers in order for them to build superior displays with magnificent brightness and lower costs in manufacturing, which in turn will transfer to lower costs in retail.
COLED Technology will be commercialized and licensed out to meet the immediate needs of the display market across many industries, with ongoing pipelines of product already undergoing R&D.
- Communications & Telecom
- Computers & Peripherals
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy & Electrical
- Avionics & Defense
- Video & Imaging
Traction and Accomplishments
We have made substantial headway in developing our revolutionary display technology and bringing it to a broader market base. Here’s what we have accomplished so far:
- We have established our US head office and we are in the process of setting up our Pacific Rim office in Beijing.
- We have established strategic partnerships with the following companies: Aoyu Steel Formwork, Heng Tai Jiu Technology Innovation, BOE Display Technology, & Ministry of Semi-Conductor in Beijing in China.
- Patents were filed in China and Korea. Other patents were filed in North America and internationally, and many more are coming.
- Presented and demonstrated our prototypes to validated users and OLED display industry leaders.
- Established personal contacts and involvement with the federal government, Ministry of Science & technology in People’s Republic of China.
- We have 12 investors who have already invested $400,000 in total.
- Received clients from 2 industries; 1) Automotive display (government mandated green display) – Anticipated upfront fees of $5MM for their exclusivity in manufacturing; 2) Medical equipment – Presented & discussed joint venture partnership with their scientists from Siemens’ Berkeley office.
COLED versus LCD
COLED versus OLED
COLED Technology Application