Swim with IntensityCoach™ and PaceKeeper™. Beat personal bests. Challenge your friends. Improve your strength & body.
About this project
How often do you forget the number of laps you swam during a training session? Have you ever wanted one device that tracks distance, pace, heart rate and calories burned? Or beat your personal best and instantly share it with your friends on social media?
Swimmers need a better way to monitor their results. Our team has created a tool that enables swimmers to train smarter, instead of harder. Swimmo is the first ever smartwatch designed to help swimmers improve strength, get in shape, and surpass their goals.
- First ever smartwatch designed specifically for swimmers.
- Your own personal trainer to keep you on track and motivated while swimming.
- Packed with smart training features like IntensityCoach™ and PaceKeeper™.
- An innovative heart rate monitor with color OLED display that is 100% water proof.
- Features unique Rotate&Tap™ patent pending technology to control the watch with two simple gestures. No buttons at all.
- Syncs with the free iOS and Android app after each workout through Bluetooth Smart.
- Compatible with popular fitness apps such as Strava, RunKeeper, HealthKit and others.
Swimmo monitors your swim in real-time and provides immediate feedback. Swimmo helps you maximize the time you spend training and reach better results faster. Users will improve their strength by exercising at the right intensity. Swimmo will alert you with vibrations when it’s time to speed up or slow down.
Monitor Your Swim Workout
- Distance Tracking. With Swimmo loosing count of your laps is a thing of the past. Know your distance in laps, yards or meters.
- Smart Calories. Swimmo measures the calories you’ve burned with very high accuracy based on your effort.
- Swimming Pace/Speed. Get to know how fast you swam in a whole workout and within every single lap.
- Heart Rate Monitor. Swimmo monitors continously your heart rate straight from your wrist.
- Time/duration of swimming. Track how long you trained for.
Swim with IntensityCoach™ and PaceKeeper™
With Swimmo you no longer need to pause your workout to analyze your current performance. The smartwatch will inform you when you need to speed up or slow down through vibrations. Swimmo makes sure that your speed or intensity is always just right. With PaceKeeper™ and IntensityCoach™ you have full control over your training.
- PaceKeeper™ – Push yourself when your swimming pace has slowed. Swimmo will vibrate to let you know if you fall below or exceed proper pace range.
- IntensityCoach™ – To make the most of your activity, you should exercise at the proper intensity. Not too low and not too high. Swimmo will help you stay in the proper heart rate zone.
Set Goals to Swim with the Training Guidance
Set your goal for the next swim workout. Simply choose the number of calories you would like to burn, distance to swim or just duration of swimming.
Swimmo will remember your choice. During swimming you will see how far you are towards your goal. You will be alerted about the progress with vibrations.
Burn Fat Faster by Swimming Smarter
Set to stay in the “fat burn” heart rate zone to burn up to 85% energy from fat. Reach your perfect weight easily. It’s our ShapeKeeper™.
Beat Your Personal Bests & Challenge Others
Track you best times and personal records. Swimmo will notify you the moment you beat them.
Swimmo makes swimming more social. Compete with your friends or people nearby. Share your results on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your buddies to beat your bests. There’s nothing better than friendly competition to keep you motivated.
More Than a Standard Smartwatch
Unlike many smartwatches, Swimmo’s basic features can be accessed without having to pair with a phone at all. When you will pair it, simply set your Swimmo settings and leave the phone at home! Swimmo does not need to be close to your smartphone in order to work.
After workout, your results wirelessly sync to your Apple or Android devices, so you can see how you performed in details. Swimmo comes with the free companion mobile app for both iOS and Android devices (iPhone 4S or later, Android phones with Bluetooth Smart/LE).
Your Swimming Log & Workout Analysis
In the mobile app you can also see a full summary of all your past results or look back at individual workouts. See comprehensive stats and how your results change over time.
Syncs With Your Social & Fitness Site
You may already use other fitness tracking sites yet none of them really focus on swimming. Swimmo brings a new set of stats to an already existing ecosystem. Swimmo allows you to wirelessly sync your results to apps such as:
Future Proof with Upcoming Features
Swimmo will constanly update itself with the newest features. When you use the mobile app, it will automatically check for the newest firmware. Our stretch goals include adding additional upcoming features:
- Open Water Swim Mode – take your Swimmo outside of the pool. Measure your performance while training in a lake, river or sea! Our smartwatch will learn from your previous trainings about stroke length and use an algorithm to extrapolate that in open water mode. This will prevent GPS disconnection problems and result in more accurate measurements!
- Pro Stats – additional, more sophisticated stats like stroke details and swolf (the time and number of strokes it takes to swim a pool length).
- Pro Interval Training – improve your body shape and strength even more effectively with this advanced mode! Swimmo will allow you to set up your interval training plan.
In Your Language
Swimmo supports every time zone as well as both yards and meters.
It’s fully localized and available in the following languages:
Out of the Water
Swimmo makes for an elegant sport watch when worn outside the pool.
We prefer to refer to Swimmo as water-oriented since water proof capabilities were such an integral part of our design philosophy. The typical smartwatch has a touchscreen display, mechanical input methods (multiple buttons, crowns), basic sensors and some apps. However, these watches are rendered useless as soon as they are placed in water.
There are several challenges associated with creating an effective water proof device. Standard touchscreens don’t work, sound notifications are not an option, looking at a screen mid workout doesn’t sound like fun. Swimmo solves all these problems and then some.
Rotate&Tap™ Patent Pending Technology
Simplicity is the key to a great sports watch. When training with Swimmo, you can enjoy a wide range of capabilities by using two simple gestures. Just take a look at this video:
Swimmo’s intuitive navigation means that all your workout features are just Rotate&Tap™ away. Water does not interfere with this technology. It works just like expected. It’s patent pending.
Continous Heart Rate Optical Sensor
Our advanced heart rate sensor is an essential part of Swimmo’s tracking system and is much more comfortable than standard chest-based heart rate monitors.
Colorful Intuitive Interface That Adapts To You
Swimmo comes with gorgeous color OLED display. At 1.29-inch screen you will see the details under water without trouble. Our intuitive screens adapt to your needs – you select what is important for you and goals to pursue.
Charging Swimmo is just as easy as using it. Simply use the included charging clip with USB cable and you are good to go. We also expect amazing 5 to 7 days of normal use on one charge.
Anything that you decide to wear with Swimmo will look and feel great. We spent a lot of time on Swimmo’s aesthetics so that the smart watch will look sleek and fashionable in and outside of the pool.
Swimmo’s adjustable band with a clip fits comfortably on any wrist. The smartwatches’ buckle is made of high-quality polymer that is anti-allergic and won’t chafe the skin after long sessions at the pool.
After 18 months of working on every single possible detail – electronics, PCB design, industrial design, user interface, gestures, mobile app functionality, user testing… – Swimmo was born. Our goal is to deliver Swimmo with the best experience possible.
- April/May – make lots of new Kickstarter friends, selection of manufacturing partner (one of leading, recognized EMS company)
- May to August – production setup process, finalize the engineering and place the tooling orders, part qualification and pre-production builds, pilot production, quality assurance and product validation
- September – production rump up
- October/November – sending Swimmo to backers
Swimmo is driven by a passion for swimming, easy-to-use products and beautiful design. Previously some of us worked on Dice+ which won IF Gold Product Design Award in 2014. That combined experience in making state-of-the-art products lead us to Swimmo.
- Matt Heleniak – passionate swimmer, focused on Swimmo completely. Swimming up to 5,000 yards in a workout and working for major brands in Central Europe as the Lead User Experience Designer gave him insights to build Swimmo, the easy to use smartwatch that swimmers would love to use.
- Tomasz Watorowski – outstanding electronics engineer, experienced in designing electronic devices among which Dice+ stands out as world’s first device with 3D PCB shape. Dice+ was first Polish product enlisted in Apple’s online US store (2013-2014), as well as other stores around the US and Europe.
- Michael Bonikowski – 15 years of experience in industrial design, prototyping and bringing new products to life. Award-winning designer of many successful products including Cloud Your Car, Dice+, Sher.ly, Zoom.me and others. Four times winner of IF Product Design Award.
- Dominic Jechorek – over 15 years of experience in business development, sales as well as production of electronic and electro domestic devices. Responsible for building Swimmo’s production and distribution network, relations with strategic partners in both sport and CE/Telco channels in Europe, USA and Asia.
- Mark Ciesla – loves to create products which solve people’s real problems. Successfully launched and crowdfunded Sher.ly and Woolet on Kickstarter.
- Dariusz Gradek – our seed investor who believes in our idea. He was the President of iSource, exclusive authorized distributor of Apple in Poland. Has strong experience in management of the biggest electronics distributors in the CEE region.
- …and many other people involved in this project. Thank you!
This is where you come in. Thanks to you we can bring Swimmo to life and give swimmers the smartwatch they deserve! Your support will help us cover the costs of our first production run. Help us spread the word! Let’s make a huge splash together!
Risks and challenges
No one wants to see a good idea executed badly. We have worked extremely hard over the last 18 months to deliver a product you will love and we can be proud of. Our strength as a team is many years of experience in designing and mass producing all kinds of products. To know potential risks means being able to eliminate them as they appear. That’s why we are convinced that issues should be minimal.
We already build many generations of prototypes and test Swimmo in different environments. We’ve also conducted small closed pilot program with a great success. We have yet to see mass open test numbers that will confirm every feature availability (esp. heart rate monitor) in every situation.
There is a huge difference between building few dozens of prototypes and taking a product to mass production. At the same time we have as a part of our team specialists who managed that process for other products. That’s why we believe that with your help we can make this happen! Currently, we are finalizing the bill of materials (BOM) and selecting manufacturing partner (one of leading, recognized EMS company).
Of course sometimes things may not go as planned: a supplier might miss a deadline, a machine can break down, or a shipment can get lost. We will be working with manufacturers who have years of experience delivering excellent products in tremendous quantities.
If something goes awry, we promise to be honest and clear, always.
HELP US BRING SWIMMO TO LIFE
Every pledge no matter how small brings us closer to our goal. Help us make Swimmo the reality by clicking the ‘Back This Project’ button at the top of the page, or by helping us spread the word by sharing our page.