Sage Vertical Garden Systems provides environmentally responsible solutions through living wall (vertical garden) products to commercial and consumer markets.
Sage Vertical Gardens, LLC is an Early-stage service in the Services (B2C) industry. The company already has revenue. The founders have been through the 500 Startups accelerator.
– Many companies claim to provide “vertical gardens” which can be defined very loosely – inexpensive products or systems that are not stylish, based on soil as a growth medium and will not last
– Primary competitor for custom walls and freestanding walls is G-Sky (uses a primary soil based tray system as well)SAGE Differentiators:
– Hydroponic growing platform that allows plants to grow and thrive in many different climate settings for years – far more water efficient than any soil based system mentioned above
– More durable and proven to work and last in different environments around the world
– Modularity – SAGE system can be used in many ways bc of the flexibility of how the growth modules can be formed. Soil based systems & plant racks have limitations as to how they can be formed
– Global patents on the growing system & use of media/advertising integrated within vertical garden structures
– Established partnerships with large companies & designers that improve global distribution & installation
– SAGE technology provides a foundation to offer “Lifestyle” based consumer products
– $500k+ in 2014 revenue, which was over 100% growth from 2013
– Projecting north of $3m in revenue for 2015 and cash flow positivity by Q4 2016*Note: please refer to financial statements for detailed and exact figures
– 30 years of progressive senior level accomplishments
– Demonstrated expertise in scaling emerging businesses with global scopes across a variety of private equity backed businesses
– Three of the companies on which he was a senior team member completed their IPOs during his tenure
– 25 years of commercial real estate investment, development, finance and portfolio management experience.
– Expertise across a wide range of professional disciplines and a proven ability to generate new business, build an efficient organization and effectively communicate Sage’s story to its investors, partners, distributors and customers.
– Active early stage investor maintaining an advisory role in 13 companies that have raised over $50MM of private capital over the past 3 years
– Previous experience has included being CEO of the largest commercial office REIT in the US and various other senior management roles at commercial real estate and financial institutions.