Nano Heated Mug that keeps your hot beverages at the ideal drinkable temperature for 45 mins and keeps charge for 7+ refills
About this project
- Hot coffee or tea gets cold very quickly in standard mugs.
- Throwing away half cups of coffee that have gone cold.
- Reheating in cups/mugs reduces taste.
- Reheating is cumbersome and not user friendly.
- Fast cooling limits drinking pleasure in social/office environment.
- Heating plates require beverage drinker to stay in place.
- Heating plates make bottom hot with top lukewarm.
- Heating plates hot touch –not kid friendly.
- 45 minutes of perfect drinkable temperature (155-160 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 16 ounce wireless mug with a charge good for 7+ refills
- Automatically turns off after 30 minutes to save charge
- If needed you can easily re-charge at home, car or at computer with USB cord.
As an engineering consultant over the last 6+ years I have been working with innovators on a global basis helping integrate innovations and technologies into consumer products. During this period, working from home, I would regularly have cups of coffee. As I was working the coffee would get cold after a few sips. I would have to throw the coffee away and leave work to get another cup. Even though I brewed 8-10 cups,most went to waste.
I have tried all different types of mugs, cups and warming plates but they were very inefficient, clumsy and a waste of money. So in late 2013 I started working on a wireless heated coffee mug with a rechargeable battery. After coming up with the concept, I shared it with various coffee/tea drinkers and engineers. They all loved it!
In Jan 2014 I filed my first provisional patent. In June, I heard of AME and their NANO heater.AME and I collaborated together to design, prototype and validate the wireless coffee mug and heat technology.
During the design process we made multiple revisions and went through two prototype cycles. The biggest challenges were packaging of the rechargeable power cells and design circuitry to control the heating and charging, and integrating the dynamic heating NANO heater technology. Once we had all of the kinks worked out in late 2014 we filed another provisional patent followed by a non-provisional patent for the design and technology integration.
- 16oz hot beverage cup with integrated wireless heating.
- Maintains temperature between 145F (63oC) to 155F (68oC) for 45 minutes after pouring.
- Cup interior dimensions 85 mm.
- External height < 130 mm with rounded lip.
- Snap fit insulated lid with sipping port.
- Double lined with 1.5 mm inner and outer lining and 1.5 mm air gap for insulation.
- Plastic of the cup is food grade PC.
- Metal lining is food grade stainless steel.
- ON / OFF switch with lighted blue ring at base when ON.
- 30 minute timer to turn OFF Nano Heater to eliminate battery drain.
- RED flashing indicator when battery level below 25% of full power.
- Weight < 400 grams (1lb)
After this journey we are very proud to bring you a production ready NANO heated mug that will change the way we have been drinking our hot beverages.
Support us in bringing this innovation to market!