Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Size in 2021 was USD 4100 Million, Market Value set to reach USD 8900 Million at 9.2% CAGR by 2030
Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Overview
Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT) is defined as a non-invasive imaging technique that utilizes electrical current injection and measurement to reconstruct the electrical conductivity and permittivity of a body. The technique is based on the principle that the electrical properties of a body are related to its microstructure and can be used to image internal structures and monitor changes in physiology and physiology.
EIT uses a set of electrodes placed on the surface of the body, where a small alternating current is injected between a pair of electrodes. The resulting voltage measurements are then used to reconstruct the electrical properties of the body using inverse methods, such as the finite element method, that uses the measured voltage data to solve for the conductivity and permittivity distribution within the body.
EIT has various medical applications, including lung imaging such as changes in ventilation and perfusion, in breast imaging to detect the presence of a malignant tumor, and monitoring of physiological changes in critically ill patients. EIT is a highly technical imaging technique that requires a strong understanding of electrical and inverse problems. The reconstruction of the electrical properties of the body is highly dependent on the measurement data, and the accuracy of the reconstruction can be influenced by various factors, such as the electrodes used, the current injection protocol, and the inverse method employed. Despite some challenges, EIT has been shown to be a powerful tool for imaging internal structures and monitoring physiological changes in the body.
The market for EIT is driven by the increasing demand for non-invasive imaging techniques in the healthcare industry, particularly in the fields of cardiology, neurology, and oncology. The Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT) market is expected to grow at a significant rate in the coming years, driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, the growing aging population, and the increasing adoption of EIT in various clinical settings. The market has a number of key players operating in the market, including General Electric Company, Siemens AG, Koninklijke Philips N.V, and Hitachi, Ltd.
Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Research Report Highlights and Statistics
- The global Electrical Impedance Tomography market size in 2021 stood at USD 4100 Million and is set to reach USD 8900 Million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 2%
- EIT is a non-invasive imaging technique that uses electrical current to generate images of internal organs and tissues.
- The increasing incidence of respiratory diseases, growing geriatric population, and the rising demand for non-invasive imaging techniques are the major drivers of the EIT market.
- The market is segmented by application (Heart imaging, Lung Imaging, Breast Imaging Brain imaging and others), by end-user (research institutions, diagnostic centers and hospitals), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World).
- North America has the largest Electrical Impedance Tomography market share, owing to the presence of a large number of diagnostic centers and research institutions in the region.
- Asia-Pacific region’s Electrical Impedance Tomography market share is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR for the forecast timeframe.
- Key players operating in the EIT market include Koninklijke Philips N.V., GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers, Schiller AG, Medtronic plc, and Analogic Corporation.
Trends in the Electrical Impedance Tomography Market
- Growing investments in R&D: Key players in the EIT market are investing in research and development to develop new and advanced EIT systems, which is expected to drive market growth.
- Strategic collaborations and partnerships: Key players in the EIT market are entering into collaborations and partnerships to expand their product offerings and market reach.
- Increasing use of EIT in veterinary care: The growing use of EIT in veterinary care is expected to drive market growth.
- Rising adoption of EIT in developing countries: The increasing adoption of EIT in developing countries, such as India and China, is expected to drive market growth.
- Growing demand for EIT in research and academia: The increasing demand for EIT in research and academia is expected to drive market growth.
Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Dynamics
- Increasing adoption of EIT in respiratory care: The growing incidence of respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and pneumonia is driving the demand for EIT in respiratory care.
- Rising geriatric population: The aging population is more susceptible to chronic diseases, which is driving the demand for non-invasive imaging techniques such as EIT.
- Rising demand for non-invasive imaging techniques: EIT is a non-invasive imaging technique, which makes it a safer and more comfortable option for patients. With the increasing awareness about the benefits of non-invasive techniques, the demand for EIT is also increasing.
- The increased emphasis on home-based care and remote monitoring: With the increasing trend of home-based care, and remote monitoring, the demand for EIT devices is also increasing as they can be used for remote monitoring of patients.
- Advancements in technology: With the advancements in technology, EIT has become more accurate and efficient. The integration of AI and machine learning in EIT has improved the diagnostic accuracy and speed of the procedure.
Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Growth Hampering Factors
- High cost of EIT equipment can make it difficult for smaller hospitals and clinics to procure.
- Limited reimbursement can discourage healthcare providers from investing in the technology.
- Lack of awareness and limited availability in some regions: Limited awareness and the limited availability of Electrical Impedance Tomography technology especially in poorer and developing regions can hamper the growth.
- Lack of trained professionals: There is a shortage of trained professionals capable of operating EIT equipment, which can limit its use.
- Competition from alternative imaging technologies like computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Other factors include Technical restraints like poor resolution and difficulty in imaging certain areas of the body and data privacy concerns as it generates images of internal organs and tissues, which can restrict its use.
- By Product type
- By Application
- Brain Imaging
- Heart Imaging
- Breast Imaging
- Lungs Imaging
- By End user
- Diagnostics Imaging Centers
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Research Institutes
Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Overview by Region
- In North America, the EIT market share stands out as the largest amongst all other regions and the growth is mainly driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as lung diseases and the growing adoption of EIT in various clinical applications such as critical care and neonatal care. Additionally, the presence of major players in the region and the presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure also contribute to the market growth in this region.
- In Europe, the EIT market size is driven by the increasing demand for non-invasive imaging techniques and the growing adoption of EIT in various clinical applications such as cardiology and neurology. The increasing government funding for research and development in the field of medical imaging also contributes to the market growth in this region.
- In Asia-Pacific, the Electrical Impedance Tomography market share is primarily driven by the rapidly increasing population and the growing burden of chronic diseases in the region and the high number of aged population in countries like China and Japan. The rising healthcare expenditure, the growing number of healthcare facilities, and the increasing adoption of advanced medical technologies also contribute to the market growth in this region.
- In the regions of Latin America and MEA, the Electrical Impedance Tomography market size is primarily driven by the increasing demand for non-invasive imaging techniques and the growing adoption of EIT in various clinical applications such as oncology and gynecology. The presence of a large number of untapped markets in the region also contributes to the market growth in this region.
Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Key Players
Koninklijke Philips, General Electric Company, Siemens AG, Hitachi, Ltd., Shimadzu Corporation, Veracyte, Inc., Acutus Medical, EIT Digital, Imalux Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Zonderman Imaging, LLC, Schick Technologies, Inc., Mediso Medical Imaging Systems, Imalux Corporation, MIM Software Inc., Oxford Medical Imaging, Veracyte, Inc, Curadel LLC, Graphite Medical, Capintec, Inc, Viatronix, Inc, GMS Labs, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Chongqing Jinshan Science & Technology Development Co., Ltd and FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
Click here to buy Premium Electrical Impedance Tomography Market Research report: https://www.acumenresearchandconsulting.com/buy-now/0/3119
Receive our personalized services and customization by clicking here:
Write to us at email@example.com
Call us on +918983225533