Mobile Robots (AGV and AMR Market) are enabling the optimization of space in warehouse facilities in logistics and manufacturing and can reduce the need for new and costly green field fulfillment and distribution centers. While new centers are still being built, they are being built with robots and other automation in mind. Even these robotic systems are flexible and can be added or removed as per the requirement. But we are witnessing new applications of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) apart from logistics and manufacturing due to advancement in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Vision, manipulation capabilities for automatic picking and placing, and robotic mechanics.
AGV and AMR Market is expected to reach more than18 Billion by 2027 with a growth rate of around 24% and 43% for AGV and AMR respectively. Both AGVs and AMRs collectively are going to cross the installed base of 2.4 million in 2027 to make the mobile robots a new normal in our day-to-day operational activities.
- Industry witnessed a good growth despite of pandemic and is supposed to register more than $3 Billion sales in 2021. Around 640,000 mobile robots (AGVs & AMRs) are expected to be shipped in 2027 only with an installed base of 2.4 million.
- AMRs are supposed to grow with a CAGR of 43% during 2022-2027 and are going to be more attractive market as compared to AGVs by 2027 with relatively more shipment and TAM share.
- United States, Germany, U.K., China and Japan are going to lead the market with an annual demand of more than 200,000 mobile robots (AGV & AMR) by 2027.
- Goods to Person (G2P) and Person to Goods (P2G), both type of AMRs are having their own market with some advantages and disadvantage. It depends on what exactly can be more efficient and cost-effective solution for your existing or new warehouse.
- Piece picking and sortation mobile robots are going to emerge as a new important category with a growth of 45% by 2027, specially in micro-fulfillment space.
Read More: https://www.giiresearch.com/report/logi1053694-agv-automated-guided-vehicles-amr-autonomous.html
Global Information, Inc. (JASDAQ 4171)
Toll Free (US): +1-866-353-3335
Outside US: +1-860-674-8796
Europe (Belgium): +32-2-535-7543