We all want to have a smooth experience when we are using our devices. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to face the most irritating error – “the access is denied error.” If you are also facing this kind of problem, then this article is for you.
When you use any external hard drive like an SD card or a USB device, you may sometimes face this access denied error problem. But nothing to worry about. You can solve this problem very easily if the matter is not so serious. Actually, this is not only you who face this problem, which is one of the most common problems people face using devices. So, you need to find out the reason behind it and work for it.
Why does ‘access is denied error’ happen?
There can be various reasons behind this error problem. Some can be easily found, and others need to be checked. Some of the common reasons are:
- If the ownership of the file or the folder is not your
- If the file or folder is encrypted
- If you do not have appropriate permission
- If your device needs a new version or update
Quick fixes to resolve access is denied error:
- You need to check the ownership of the file or the folder on your device. If you do not have the ownership, you have to select that file or folder, and then you need to go for the properties of the file. There you can see the security tab. There you will find the name option. You have to click it and write your name. Do not forget to click on the ok button.
- To find out the file or the folder is encrypted or not again, you need to go for the file’s properties. Go for the advanced option. There you can see the file’s condition. If the file is encrypted, then you will need the certificate to have access to that file.
- If your device is not updated, it is possible to have this problem. Then you know you need to update your device.
- You can also use the tools to check the error in the file. For this method again, you need to go for the properties of the file. There you will find the tools option. Click on the check option, and you will find out the reason for the error.
- If you do not have permission to access the file, you need to change your file. Firstly you have to go for properties in the file. In the security option, you need to edit. You have to check every option of ‘permission for users.’ There you need to click on full control. After clicking on ok, you get full control of the file.
- If you have any antivirus software on your device, this problem can also occur. To get rid of this problem, you have to disable your antivirus software while you want to use that file.
Hopefully, you have found your desired solution from these points. Access is denied error effects in our file or the folder. This is a very irritating problem which we have to find out in a very calm way. If we can find out the reason, then we can easily fix this out. So the main point is to find out the problem. Do not get frustrated if you could not solve this. If you don’t have the confidence to recover the “access is denied error” by yourself, you can get a professional hard drive recovery service provider.