Do you want to lose weight? Then ketogenic diet is very helpful to lose weight, also it reduces seizures or controls your diabetes. It is low in carbohydrates, high in fat, and has moderate level of protein level. If you are vegetarian then you might be thinking that “ a keto diet is full of non-vegetarian items like meat, eggs, etc. So how can I adopt a vegetarian keto diet when it contains non-vegetarian items. If you don’t like non-vegetarian foods, here in this article we’ll help you to follow a 7-day vegetarian keto diet meal plan & menu and the foods to avoid. Scroll and continue reading to find more about it.
What is a Ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is high in fat and low carb diet with the consumption of proteins. It was mainly used for the treatment of epilepsy in kids but now it has become a very popular diet plan for everyone. Using this diet plan has many positive health benefits and by using this you can easily do weight loss without any starvation.
What is a Vegan Keto diet?
A keto vegan diet is when you combine the two diets completely.
- Vegan diet: No meat or any other animal products.
- Keto diet: Low-carb and high fat.
So when you put it together then the keto veg diet is a low-carb, high-fat, and moderate protein diet that excludes animal-based products. This means that a vegan keto diet is only used to take plant-based fat and limit carb intake to less than 50g per day which is similar to one shot keto supplement. To follow the keto veg diet they have to follow some rules they are:
- Limit your intake of carbohydrates to 50 grams or less per day.
- Avoid all animal products from your diet.
- Eat low-carb Keto vegetables.
Why a Ketogenic diet for vegetarians?
The Keto diet is mainly used to lose weight and also used as a treatment for epilepsy and for diabetes. Many non-vegetarian with their weight and need to alter their diets to lose weight. This is mainly because the vegetarian diet contains more carbs and less fat than meal-based diets. And so some vegetarians do not process carbs well and this leads to weight gain and some other health problems.
7 Day Vegetarian Keto meal plan
Here is a detailed meal plan for the vegetarian keto diet for 7 days. Let’s look at it.
- Breakfast: Tofu and strawberry smoothie.
- Lunch: Summer Vegetable Bisque. Serve with Soy Egg Salad.
- Snack: Cucumber Slices with Mushroom and Olive Tapenade.
- Dinner: Vegetable Burgers with Black Bean Sauce.
- Dessert: Chocolate Silk Pie with Almond Crust.
- Breakfast: High-Fiber Cereal with Fruit
- Lunch: Green Salad with a Spicy Black Bean Soup.
- Snack: Wrapped Vegetable Spring Rolls in Romaine Lettuce with a Spicy Peanut Sauce.
- Dinner: Spinach Pie with Walnut Crust. Serve with a Vegetable Salad.
- Dessert: Red Grape Truffles with an Almond Crust.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with Fruit.
- Lunch: Indonesian-Spiced Tempeh and Vegetable Salad.
- Snack: Celery Stuffed with Hummus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
- Dinner: Black Bean and Sesame-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. Serve with Mixed Vegetable Salad.
- Dessert: Apple and Zucchini Cake.
- Breakfast: Spinach and Mushroom Frittata.
- Lunch: Vegetable Chef Salad with Tofu.
- Snack: Roasted Eggplant Dip with Whole Grain Crackers.
- Dinner: Roasted Eggplant Lasagna with Spinach Pesto.
- Dessert: Poached Pears with Chocolate Sauce.
- Breakfast: Tofu Benedict.
- Lunch: Crunchy Vegetable Slaw. Serve with Moroccan Spiced Lentil Soup.
- Snack: Jicama Sticks with Jalapeno Hummus.
- Dinner: Portobello Patties with Parsley and Cilantro Sauce. Serve with a Vegetable Salad.
- Dessert: No-Crust Apple Crumb Pie.
- Breakfast: Scrambled Tofu
- Lunch: Cajun Tempeh Chicken Salad. Serve with Spicy Creole Gumbo with Collard Greens.
- Snack: Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Assorted Raw Vegetable.
- Dinner: Ground Portobello Mushrooms mixed with Vegetable Burger that serves with a Green Vegetable Salad.
- Dessert: Blueberry Soy Cheesecake with Granola Crust.
- Breakfast: Coffee and Chocolate Smoothie
- Lunch: Cabbage with Four Hearts Salad Serve with Split Pea Soup.
- Snack: Mushrooms stuffed with Spinach and Pine Nuts.
- Dinner: Stuffed Eggplant. Serve with a vegetable salad.
- Dessert: Walnut and Fudge Truffles.
For better results stick with the above meal plan dedicatedly. Hope you found the above article useful and helped you to find the best vegetarian keto meal plan. This meal plan will help you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.