Executives Share Expectations of the General Counsel’s Office
iCrowdNewswire Jan 7, 2021 9:00 AM ET
Leadership demands corporate counsel in anticipation of a turbulent year.
Companies will face a daunting combination of challenges in 2021, brought on by globalization/nationalization, geopolitical risks, climate change, social justice, cybersecurity, and increased regulatory activity. What are the C-suite’s expectations of the Office of the General Counsel in this environment? What demands will the GC need to balance in managing risk while enabling the pursuit of a new opportunity?
Join our senior executive panel for this webinar where you will learn what leaders anticipate they will need from their GC. Explore the challenges and strategies to meeting those expectations.
When: January 22, 11:30 a.m. EST, 10:30 a.m. CST, 8:30 a.m. PST.
- Christian Herrmann, SVP Sasol. Former CEO Morton Salt. While at Morton Salt, Mr. Herrmann restructured the GC position to be heavily involved in business strategy. Also, he established the GC “Score Card” to focus on Corporate objectives, stakeholder relations, and integrate the GC more heavily with the executive team.
- Stephen N. Potter, Vice Chairman of the Board, Rush University Medical Center. Former Vice-Chairman, Northern Trust. Current Board of Directors: Miami Corporation; TIAA/Nuveen Churchill Asset Management; Walter Scott & Partners; Chairman Japan America Society of Chicago. Mr. Potter worked closely with the legal team at Northern Trust with a focus on risk management. He is currently working closely with Rush University Medical Center’s legal team, on such trending issues as pandemic relief and CARES Act.
- Rick Rover, COO, Berlin Packaging. Former Vice President Operations at DHL eCommerce. As COO, his operating responsibilities require him to work closely with the Berlin Packaging legal team to develop and carry out the company strategic plan.
Jessica B. Fairchild, Founding Partner of Croke Fairchild Morgan & Beres LLC, with its principal office located in Chicago, Illinois. Croke Fairchild was founded in 2019. Ms. Fairchild focuses her practice on corporate, M&A, and general counsel services for a range of private and public companies as well as family offices and high net worth individuals. She is also the former General Counsel, Chicago 2016, where she advised senior management and the Board of Directors leading Chicago’s bid for the 2016 Olympic Games.
- SMB Interim Management: SMB provides interim senior level operating executives to help clients solve complex, time-sensitive operating problems. Our world-class portfolio of executives are matched to specific client assignments and immediately available to work with them to solve their challenge and then exit upon completion. [www.Smbim.com, email@example.com, 312.283.5532]
- Yate Advisors: Yate Advisors helps lawyers collaborate with clients. We help lawyers build client connections using curiosity, insight, and trust through on-demand business development training and team coaching. [www.yateadvisors.com, firstname.lastname@example.org]
- ALM Intelligence: ALM Intelligence provides proprietary data, analysis, tools, and knowledge that empower our clients to succeed. The product suite and vast data repository arm professionals with the critical business information required to make the most impactful and informed decisions possible. The exhaustive data repository and product functionality enable professionals to combat competitive challenges head-on with the confidence to remain ahead of the field. The depth of ALM Intelligence’s expertise across the benefits, insurance, consulting, and legal industries provide a broad spectrum of actionable intelligence to facilitate and execute strategy. Visit alm.com/intelligence for more information.
About ALM Intelligence
ALM Intelligence provides proprietary data, analysis, tools, and knowledge that empower our clients to succeed. The product suite and vast data repository arm professionals with the critical business information required to make the most impactful and informed decisions possible. The exhaustive data repository and product functionality enable professionals to combat competitive challenges head-on with the confidence to remain ahead of the field. The depth of ALM Intelligence’s expertise across the benefits, insurance, consulting, and legal industries provide a broad spectrum of actionable intelligence to facilitate and execute strategy. Visit alm.com/intelligence for more information.
ALM, an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions, and events to successfully manage the business of law. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect, and compete in highly complex industries. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMMedia.
Keywords: General Counsel, GC, In House Counsel, Geopolitics, Geopolitical Risk, Climate Change, Social Justice, Cybersecurity, Risk
Tags: Financial Content
, Extended Distribution
, iCN Internal Distribution
, Legal Newswire
, Public Policy
, Transportation regulations
, Legal Technology
, Communications and internet regulations
, Energy regulations
, Environmental regulations
, Healthcare regulations
, Securities regulations
, Financial regulations
, Banking regulations